The Painter And His Android

Finished On

Tuesday, January, 4th, 2022 - 11:52 AM

-----

(M/n) - Middle Name

-(Y/n)'s P.O.V-

After a good twenty minutes, I saw the android I got on the bus with, start to get off. I stood up and left the bus with him. Once we both got off, the bus soon left the small bus stop.

I looked at the Android with a smile. He gave a light smile to me and held a hand for me to grab. I lightly took it and walked with him towards......a........M A N S I O N?!

This 'Carl' guy is a rich painter. He's living the dream!

I stopped in my tracks, my hand went limp as the still unnamed Android stopped, noticing that I wasn't walking anymore.

"Are you alright?"

".....i don't know....."

He walked over to me and squatted so he could be at eye level with me.

"If you're worried that he'll be rude as well. He's actually the kindest person I've ever met. Well, at least now, he's one of the nicest people I know."

I sighed and looked at the big house that was behind the android. I nodded to myself before holding out my hand to him. He smiled kindly and took it while standing up.

We continued going until we reached the front door. I gulped as the door opened by itself.

"Alarm deactivated. Welcome home, Markus."

"Markus..? that's your name..."

"Yes. It is my name."

He took off the coat part of his uniform and went to hang it up on a hook. I walked over to a mini dresser and placed the box down. Looking in the mirror, I frowned at how different I could've been if I never agreed to help run that stupid test.

"Are you alright? I understand humans can often not feel good about how they look, but you're too young to worry about things like that."

I sighed and shook my head.

"I'm not too young... If anything, I might be too old..."

He looked in the mirror with a form of confusion. I turned and went to look at a small cage. Upon closer inspection, I saw there were little android birds. I opened the gate and turned them on. When they started to chirp and move around, I smiled.

"I'm going to wake Carl upstairs. Do you mind waiting here for a moment?"

I looked at Markus and nodded, still smiling. He nodded before walking up the stairs. As I sat, watching the birds. My mind kept running wild.

'What if I never get to find anyone related to me? What if my whole family bloodline just died shortly after I went into my coma? What if I never had a family and I was just created in that weird pod?!'

"And who is this, Markus?"

I turned my head to see an old man in a wheelchair, with Markus pushing him in said chair.

"This is....uh..."

I stood up and brushed my pants.

"I'm (Y/n). (Y/n) (L/n). Sir."