First Day

-(Y/n)'s P.O.V-

I sighed as I checked myself in the mirror. I was in my new uniform and was getting ready to head to the police station to start my first day of employment. I felt a large pit of anxiety growing in my stomach and gut every time I tried to leave the bathroom.

I kept looking myself in the eyes, questioning if I should have even applied at the Station. As I stared at my reflection, knocking on the door brought me out of my thoughts.

"(Y/n), kid. You good in there?"

I turned to the door and opened it. Hank was standing there in his normal outfit, but a bit more put together.

"I feel like I'm gonna puke, have a heart attack, and faint all at once."

"Eh, you'll get over it. You already ate, right?"

"Yeah, that's what's causing the puking feeling..."

Hank slightly leaned back out of the doorway before walking beside me and patting my upper arm.

"Don't worry, it's just a small bit of fear. You'll do fine. You're working with me and Connor after all."

I smiled and nodded, still kinda uncertain.

"Alright, we gotta get going or we'll get an earful from Connor and Jeffery."

"Heh, you don't want that, huh? Connor's just going to talk about things he thinks you should do."

"Yeah, yeah... If you don't get there right away, you'll probably get a warning on your first day. That's not going to look good for you later on."

I rolled my eyes as a smile made it's way onto my face. Hank walked away from the bathroom door and to the front door. I looked over at Sumo and smiled. The large Saint Bernard slowly walked over and looked up at me.

"We'll be back soon Sumo. Keep watch over the house."

Sumo turned and slowly curled up in front of the couch. Hank shifted his weight on his feet as he stood in front of the door.

"Alright... Let's go."

Hank nodded and opened the door before walking over to his car. I felt the anxiety growing in my stomach once again. I shook off the feeling knowing it would go away once I got more comfortable to working.

I got in on the passenger side of the front of the car. As Hank started the car, Hank's phone started to buzz. He took it out and handed it to me while he backed out of his parking lot.

"Who is it?"

"The President of The United States, who the f*ck do you think it is?!"

I rolled my eyes as I looked at the screen and saw it had the name, 'F*ckin Android'. The photo showed Connor being somewhat squished under Sumo.

I smiled and pressed the answer button while I held it up to my ear.

"Hello!"

"Good Morning, Lieutenant Anderson. I'm calling just to confirm that you're not making (Y/n) miss her/his/their first day."

"Connor, who do you think you're talking to?"

"Hank..? Did I dial the wrong number?"

"N-No Connor, you called Hank's phone, but I answered."

"Okay... then... who are you?"

"(Y/n)."

"..."

I looked over at Hank who was pulling into a coffee place's drive-thru. He glanced at his phone before shrugging and turning the speaker.