Death of An Android

Finished On

Saturday, March, 19th, 2022, 9:16 pm

-----

-Connor's P.O.V-

I opened my eyes and saw I was in the Zen Garden once again. I looked around and saw that same odd stone with a hand sensor. I walked over and knelt down. I lightly held my breath as I put a hand on it. It vibrated a tiny bit before I removed my hand. I still had no idea what that thing was, but it seemed important. I stood up and glanced at Amanda, who was sitting in a boat, near the center of the Zen Garden. I quickly made my way over to her and made eye contact with her as she gave a fake smile.

"Connor. I thought you might enjoy a calming boat ride. Come, sit."

I stepped into the boat and lightly pushed us away from the ledge. Looking at the oars, I picked them up and moved us through the water.

"I love this place. Everything's so calm and peaceful. Everything is away from the noise of the world."

She looked at me with a neutral expression.

"Tell me, what have you learnt?"

I looked into Amanda's eyes. I trusted her with all of the information I gave her, so I chose to speak my mind.

"My relationship with Lieutenant Anderson is problematic. He continues to suffer from psychological issues and seems to take it out on Androids as a whole. And (Y/n) seems to have a lot of built up stress from being a coma pod longer than she/he/they was/were told for. She/He/They have a hard time letting go of the past, much like Lieutenant Anderson."

Amanda's expression turned stern.

"Nothing matters more than the investigation. This matter is TOO important. Do not let Lieutenant Anderson, (Y/n), or anyone else, get in your way."

As I pushed us in the water more, she gazed at me.

"You seem... Lost, Connor... Lost and pretured..."

I sighed and looked at my reflection in the water.

"I'm just disappointed with my lack of progress..."

"You were targeted on those two androids at the Eden Club... Why didn't you shoot?"

I thought quickly.

"We need the deviants intact, for analysis. Shooting them wouldn't have taught us anything."

As we continued down the river more, Amanda moved her head up lightly, grabbing my attention.

"If your investigation does not pick up soon, I may have to replace you, Connor..."

"I know I will succeed... All I need is time."

A light roar of thunder went across the sky. Amamnda looked up while I watched her.

"Something's happening. Something serious."

She looked down at me once again.

"Hurry, Connor. Time is running out."

I nodded and opened my eyes once again. This time, being met with a shirtless (Y/n). They had just taken off the top from last night, and seemed to be changing. I shut my eyes, pretending to still be shut off. I heard more shuffling around before I felt a gaze rest upon me.

"Connor?"

I opened my eyes and saw (Y/n) holding my coat, In a new outfit. A simple black vest, (f/c) dress shift, gray suit pants, and black running shoes. I tilted my head to them with a small smile.