A United Nation

Finished On

Sunday, April, 10th, 2022, 1:55 am.

-----

-(Y/n)'s P.O.V-

As Markus was walking with everyone onto the stage, I felt as if something was wrong.

"Today, our people finally woke up from a very long night! From the very first day of our existence, we have kept our pain to ourselves. We have suffered in silence, but now the time has come to tell humans who we really are!-"

As he continued, I felt Connor squeezing and letting go of my hand in a quick manner. I moved my eyes to see what was going on and saw Connor blinking very rapidly. I carefully watched, he seemed to be fighting himself in his mind. He slowly let go of my hand.

I turned my head completely and watched as Connor pulled out a pistol.

"-In fact we're a nation!"

Connor moved one hand to try and keep his arm down, but the hand holding the gun seemed to be a lot stronger.

"The time has come to forget our bitterness and bandage our wounds. To forgive our enemies."

Connor blinked and looked down at the gun in hand.

"Humans were both our creators and our oppressors. And tomorrow, we must make them our partners. Maybe someday, our friends."

He looked at me and smiled. I nodded as he put the gun away. I held onto his hand as he smiled proudly. I smiled just as proud. As the new 'people' cheered. I knew everything would be a bit of a struggle at first, but I knew we would all get through it.

-A Few Days Later-

As Hank and I were waiting at a table, we kept laughing at how clueless Connor used to be about human stuff.

"He didn't know where to stick his instructions."

"Dear lord Hank! He was an android at that point!"

He kept chuckling at how much I was laughing.

"You wanna know the odd thing kid?"

"Hm?"

"When I first met you, you looked like a six or seven year old. Now look at you! You have the body of an adult! You applied for a job at the station, and Jeffery is allowing you to take all the time you need to get your stuff to my house. H*ll. He even offered to help move it all."

I smiled at that.

"When I first woke up, I was terrified. I knew nothing about what happened to the world, and I was beyond pissed that I was kept in that Pod for a thousand years. But I'm actually pretty okay with that fact now! If I had woken up at a normal time, I wouldn't have met you, or Connor, or Markus, Kara, Alice, or literally ANYONE who would make my life what it is today."

Hank patted my shoulder and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a folded piece of paper and a pen.

"Hope this won't seem TOO harsh for ya. Just thought it would help you with some stuff. H*ll, it was kinda Connor's idea."

I raised an eyebrow and took the paper. Unfolding it, I read the whole thing.

'Hank... Wants to adopt me?'

I looked up at Hank with tears in my eyes. I slowly smiled and hugged him.

"I'd love to have you as my father! I was kinda hoping you'd ask sooner though."

He chuckled and patted my back while hugging me. We both pulled away when we heard footsteps getting closer. When I saw who it was I smiled and ran into his arms, which were wide open for me.

"So?"

"She/He/They said yes."

I nodded into Connor's chest while I was crying.

"H-Hey! Are you alright?"

I pulled away with a large smile.

"How could I NOT be? I just got a new family member, the people I first met are free and safe, and h*ll I might've just got a job where I can stay near you two at almost all times!"

"Oh, you definitely got the job."

I turned to Hank.

"What?"

"Nothing!"

I giggled as Hank walked to his car. He pulled something out from the back seat and shut the door. He walked over and handed me a box with a letter on top of it.

I raised an eyebrow as I walked to a table while Connor and Hank watched me closely.
[not creepy at all]

I opened the letter and read through it.

'Jeffery Fowler
9990 Mark Twain St
Detroit, Michigan(MI), 48227
(313) 931-1571
J_Fowler@gmail.com

(Y/n) (L/n)
Officer In Training
8247 Edgewood Ave
Detroit, MI 48204

Dear Ms/Mr.. (L/n),

We are delighted to inform you that your application for the Detroit Police Department has been accepted. Your uniform has been placed inside of the box that has been delivered along with this letter.

We hope to see you the following Monday Morning at 10 am sharp.

You'll be working alongside Lieutenant Anderson, Hank for your first two weeks. When you are comfortable with your line of work, please come speak to me and I'll set you up with some cases for you to handle on your own.

Sincerely, Captain Fowler.

Jeffery.'

My eyes went wide as I opened the box quickly. There in the box, was a navy blue uniform, with my own hat, with my name sewn onto the brim of the cap and over the heart area on the shirt.

"You're not joking with me, right?"

Hank and Connor shook their heads while smiling.

"HOLY SH*T!!!"

I stood up and ran to Hank and Connor. I had pulled them both into a tight hug. They both started laughing, so I joined in.

'Yeah, everything is going to be fine!'

-   -   -   -   -

There you go! The main story is done! I'll upload anything parts I think could be bloopers in the new book!

And notice I said MAIN story.

I'll be adding extra chapters once those chapters are done. Not everything is finished, but I'm getting there! 

See ya Lovelies later!

~Nova