Chapter 16: "ya, I think I'd say I do"

Foxy's pov:

I finish drawing the last picture and set my pencil down. What does this mean? I think to myself as I put my head in my hands. Is this something he's gonna put one of my friends through, no non of them were in an attic. I scratch my forehead as I try to think. Just then my door opens and I look over to see my dad standing in the doorway.

"Another one?" He asks. I nod slowly before looking back at the pictures.

"This one was different, I was in an attic and, I was attacked by monsters, there were ways I could stop them or slow them down. I thought maybe, it was something he was going to put my friends through, but when he showed me them non of them were in an attic." I say looking back at him.

"So it's what he's going to put you through," my dad says walking over to me. I pause before nodding.

"He wants to see you try and resist, so he's giving you ways to keep him at bay for a time, before he believes he'll beat you, an impossible challenge," my dad says looking at my newly drawn pictures. I groan bit scratching the back of my neck before I feel my dads hand on my should and I relax a little.

"He hasn't lost once doing this, he'll be overconfident, he'll screw up somewhere along the line, if you ever make it to the challenge in the first place, just don't get into a position in which he can take your body, he won't kill you, he needs you to live," my dad says.

"How does he take other peoples bodies," I ask looking up at him.

"Supposedly he has to retain eye contact for, maybe 10 seconds, no one really knows, hasn't really been any reliable sources as it is a legend and largely believed to be false," my dad says scratching his chin. I nod slowly looking back at the pictures.

"I've got to go set up a few things for later, my dad says patting my shoulder and walking out of the house room. I nod and look up at the window, noticing that it had started raining. Just then my phone rings. After the Nightmare incident I'm hesitant to pick it up but I see it's Mangle. I press reply and put it up to my ear.

"Hey Mangle," I say.

"Hey Foxy, I just heard what happened from Mari, are you ok," she asks clearly worried.

"Ya, ya I'm fine, I'll be at school tomorrow," I rely leaning back on my chair.

"Ok, good, also, my mom complained about the whole dream thing to the school, I'm sorry," she says sadly. I pause for a second.

"My dad already told me about the situation, the schools making me see a doctor about it," I tell her.

"Dang, I didn't know about that, o-oh I got to go, my moms calling me," she says hanging up. I place my phone back down on my desk, I look back up at the window.

Mangles pov:

I put my phone back in my pocket and slowly get up from my bed and make my way to the living room. Lolbits already down their and so are my parent. I sit down on the couch next to Lolbit.

"I've got some news, Foxys gonna see a doctor," she says smiling a bit.

"Huh," Lolbit says looking confused. I nod slightly as I already know.

"Ya, Foxy told me," I say. My mom looks up in slight surprise.

"I thought you were talking with Mari," my mom says crossing her arms.

"I was, then I found out Foxy got jumped and beat up by Nightmare and I was worried cause he's my friend so I called him," I say defensively. My mom sees to accept this.

"Anyway, I don't want you guys hanging o it with him until he gets his mental problems fixed," my mom says looking at us seriously.

"What," I say in shock.

"You can't make me," Lolbit says standing up. Even my dad looks surprised by my moms statement.

"Yes I can, I am your mother and I don't want his issues spreading to you," she says pointing at us.

"That's..... not how mental illness works," my dad says raising an eyebrow at my mom.

"Quiet John," mom says looking at her. He holds his hands up in surrender. Lolbit stand up and starts to walk away.

"Where are you going young lady," mom says agitated.

"Somewhere away from this place so I can cool off," Lolbit says storming towards the door.

"No your not you get back here this instant," my mom says.

"What you gonna do, revoke my life insurance," Lolbit says rolling her eyes before storming out the door. My mom lets out an angry yell.

"Young lady you get back here right now," she yells as Lolbit slams the door shut.

I slowly stand up and look at the door before shifting my gaze back to my mom.

"Look mom, Foxys dreams haven't caused any problems for me," I tell her.

"They will eventually," she says angrily.

"You don't know that, he's only gotten violent when Bonbon told everyone and started this mess," I say looking her in the eye.

"Don't tell me you believe him too," my mom says seemingly begging my to say no. I pause for a second and think. Do I actually believe him, is it true? After a bit of pondering I look back up at my mom.

"Ya, I think I'd say I do, but maybe that's just my emotions talking but either way, he's my friend, whatever problems he's going through,I'll him, whether I have to face them myself or not." I say before turning around and walking out the door after Lolbit. Leaving my mom behind with her mouth wide open.

I catch up to Lolbit with my car and wave for her to get in.

"Good to see we're both on the same page," Lolbit says as she climbs in. I nod in agreement and continue driving down the road.

"Where too now," I ask glancing around.

"We could go to Foxys house," Lolbit answers. I glance over at her in the passenger seat before looking back at the road infront of us.

"Sure, why not?"