10| Spiders

I changed the chapter name again

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Spiders

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 10: Spiders (Adam's POV)

As I collapsed on the bed, now changed into a pair of sweatpants and freshened up for bed, I couldn't help but think about what the hell just happened. 

Did I say too much? Was I too mean to her? Did I hurt her feelings? 

Well, she kept hurting mine. I know she wasn't doing it intentionally, at least not all the time anyway. But she was hurting me. Her snide remarks, her little comments, her accusations, the way she was blaming it all on me. It didn't feel good. And it wasn't true, we both know that. 

I have no problem admitting to her that I did something wrong, I know I did and I'm sorry for the fact that my decisions hurt her, but she won't even admit that she did something wrong. 

She won't admit it but she won't be straightforward and tell me she blames me completely. She acts like she resents me and it was all my fault but when I ask her, her words don't match her actions. It's frustrating, it's exhausting, and it's pissing me off. She's not being honest with me. 

Why isn't she being honest with me? We would always be honest with each other. Well, until I ruined that. But does she really have to drag this out? 

I huffed, digging the heels of my palms into my eyes and groaning softly. "She's driving me crazy," I mumbled. I pulled my hands away, dropping them on the mattress but kept my eyes closed. I took a few breaths before opening them and staring at the ceiling. I turned to turn the lamp off but then froze. 

I blinked a few times, feeling panic start within me as I jerked my hand back and sat up on the bed. "Oh my God, shit, shit, shit, fuck." 

Spiders. I hate spiders. Spiders scare the living shit out of me. 

I inched forward to grab the phone and call someone to remove it, moving as slowly as I could. As my hand neared the phone, it jumped onto the receiver. "Ahh!" I took multiple steps back, putting a hand on my chest to catch my breath. "For fuck's sake, why are there spiders in a place like this? It's not like we're in the middle of the woods! Where the hell did that even—" My gaze landed on the open balcony door and my eyes widened as I ran over to close it before I let, god knows, what other insects crawl in. 

Not just spiders, I hate bugs in general. Cockroaches, spiders, crickets, bugs. Any fucking bug or beetle? I'm out of there. As I went back to the phone— 

I don't know what I thought I could do in front of a whole ass spider. 

Then I saw another one. I gasped and let out a yell, taking several steps back. "Oh my— What the fuck? What the actual fuck?!" I backed up and headed towards the door. As soon as I swung it open, I came face to face with Emilia. 

She stood with one hand up to ring the doorbell but stopped when she saw me. She sighed, folding her arms across her chest. I blinked, staring at her. "Why the hell are you screaming? Somebody's going to make a complaint to the front desk. You should be kicked out of the hotel for being a disturbance and public nuisance. What is it?" 

I glanced down at her clothes while opening my mouth to answer but no real words came out. Just a mix of, "Um, I... Uh, you... I don't— What?"