30| Hike

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Hike

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 30: Hike (Adam's POV)

From that moment in the dressing room up until we got back to the hotel from dinner at a local restaurant, I couldn't get Emilia alone for a goddamn second. Someone or something was always pulling her away. She was helping somebody else once she decided on her dress, she was running around for people, she was passing a message from one person to another. It was chaos. 

When we finally left the boutique, we were initially supposed to go for a drive but then the place where we had rented out a few cars from for the evening called us up and told us that they wouldn't have enough cars for all of us, so that plan went out the window. We ended up going shopping instead. We went from one mall to another and Emilia seemed to be in a completely different place from me every damn time. Whenever I finally found her, somebody called her or dragged her away to show her something or ask for her opinion. 

Shopping lasted torturously long but I thought I'd get to be with her for dinner. Even then, nope. Emmy was already sitting next to Emma and while I helped Nana, Brett was already in the seat next to hers. On our way back to the hotel, we shared a cab with him too. 

I swear he's a leech. Literally.

I sighed softly, closing the door behind me while she kicked her shoes off and set her purse down before walking over and sitting at the foot of the bed, watching me while I took my shoes off and left my wallet on the TV cabinet. She started laughing, her eyes following me where I went. "What?" I huffed, turning to her. 

"You look so annoyed, it's very amusing. You genuinely seem angry." 

"I am," I scoffed. 

"Why?" 

"It is unnecessarily hard to get you alone when we're out. It's very inconvenient, Emilia." 

"Well, we're alone now," she shrugged, "what does it matter? Plus, it's not like we can talk when we're out and with everybody. Somebody will eavesdrop, someone will interrupt." 

I grabbed a pair of sweatpants from my suitcase and then turned to her again. "I have to shower, so why don't you go ahead and use the bathroom first?" 

She nodded and got up, taking her pajamas and then going into the bathroom. 

While I was waiting, my phone rang with Joshua's name flashing on the screen. I answered, "Hello?" 

"When are you getting back, Adam?" 

I paused, blinking. "I just spoke to you last night. I told you, two days from tomorrow. Why do you keep pestering me about it?" 

He sighed, "Do you know what Coach is doing lately? Contemplating holding tryouts to let in a new member on the team. I wonder why. If I were you, I'd be worried, Adam." 

I hesitated for a split second, shifting on my feet. "Why is he holding tryouts?" 

"I don't know, he's being weird about it too. You haven't even gotten back on the field yet and this little vacation you're on isn't doing you any good."