18| Drinks

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Drinks

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 18: Drinks (Adam's POV)

It was getting late now and while some of us were still at the table talking and having some drinks, the others had left. 

Emma, Ava, Sebastian, and Georgia were all sent up to their rooms. Apparently, minors can't be at the table even though they can't drink. Both of Emilia's grandparents and mine as well are gone too. Some of our aunts and uncles left a few minutes ago with our parents. 

Now, it's just Aspen, Remy, Toby, Emilia, Brett, and me. "Should we all call it a night too?" Remy asked. 

Toby shrugged and finished the little bit that was left of his last drink before mumbling, "Goodnight, everyone," and then leaving. 

"Let's go, baby," Aspen said, standing up with his hand in Remy's. He seemed a little tipsy, to be honest, judging from his expression and the way he's been clinging onto Remy. They left as well, rocking their locked hands back and forth while doing so. 

"I guess we should call it a night too," Emilia said, looking between Brett and me. 

"I don't know. I'm still down for a few more drinks if you are," Brett shrugged and then glanced at me. "You don't have to stay if you don't want to." 

I watched him for a minute before opening my mouth to say something but never got to. 

"Actually, I'm sharing a room with someone," Emilia cut in, standing up. "I don't have the keys either and I would hate to wake them up to get the door. So, maybe we can get drinks later, Brett. It's almost midnight anyway and you have to go to your hotel too." She glanced at me before offering him a small smile. 

He nodded, "All right. We should catch up tomorrow, it's been an awfully long time since I last saw you." 

She hummed, pushing her chair in and then looking at me. "Are you coming?" 

I nodded wordlessly and stood up, pushing the chair in as she rounded the table. 

"Bye," Brett called out. 

"Goodnight," she replied, walking ahead of me. 

I glared at the back of his head, muttering, "Asshole," under my breath before facing forward and catching up to Emilia. 

We stepped into the elevator together and as the doors closed, I turned to look at her. She knew I was staring and without looking at me, asked, "What?" 

"Don't you two seem cozy," I scoffed softly. 

"What?" She turned to me, her brows furrowed in confusion. 

"You and Brett," I said. 

"Brett? I haven't seen him since the last time you saw him, Adam. I don't know how cozy we could possibly be." 

"You two seem pretty cozy to me." 

"He's a guest for the wedding and his uncle is my aunt's boyfriend. What do you want me to do?"