23| Feeling

I changed the chapter name

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Feeling

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 23: Feeling (Emilia's POV)

By the time I was done getting ready and the only thing remaining was getting dressed, I had hidden in the bathroom enough. 

I know what came over me but somehow I also don't. I freaked out, but I can't understand why and don't even get me started on all the things I told him. Half of them, I don't even understand. I don't even know why I told him that I want something I shouldn't. 

What does that even mean?! 

I came out of the bathroom, heading to the bed where my dress was splayed out so it wouldn't get wrinkled while Adam was sitting in one of the chairs by the coffee table. He had his pants on for the night but no shirt and was messaging someone on his phone before he dialed a number and put it to his ear before glancing up and noticing me. He didn't say anything, just stood up and went into the balcony to talk to whoever was on the phone. He closed the door, leaving it open just an inch. 

I wonder who he's talking to. 

I grabbed the dress by the straps and held it up so it wouldn't touch the ground and then went into the bathroom, hanging the dress on the back of the door before taking off my robe and unzipping the dress, slipping it on. 

The dress was just a little darker than the typical emerald green. The straps met behind my neck, making it a halter dress with a deep v-shaped neckline. The dress had that mermaid shape which hugged my upper body and hips nicely and followed that shape down to my feet before the extra length of the dress pooled around me on the floor. The entire dress had delicate patterns made from sequins in the same shade as the dress running down the entire length of it. 

My makeup was done and my hair was done as much as it could be too, I made it the fanciest I could. Two strands from the front were braided and pulled back into one and then the rest of the hair was made into a different kind of braid as well with a few thin curls framing my face. My curls were pretty loose today so that made things easier. 

I opened the bathroom door and walked out, finding Adam standing right in front of the door, his back to me as he faced the mirror and worked on his tie. I slipped past him and grabbed the emerald green heels I brought with me and then moved to the chairs by the balcony, sitting there and wearing my heels. I glanced at him while adjusting the strap around my ankle and saw him huff and roll his eyes as he took the tie off and tried again. 

He... still can't tie a tie? 

I stood up, fixing the skirts of my dress, and then contemplated taking my phone. I didn't really want to take it with me since I'm not even carrying a purse of any sort, so I left it on my nightstand and then stole another glance at him. 

He took a step back, fixing up the tie, and then grabbed his suit, slipping it on. "Are you ready?" he asked, turning to me. He caught me by surprise and knew I was staring at him but I covered it up as best as I could.