34| Pretend

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Pretend

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 34: Pretend (Adam's POV)

"Stop," she laughed, putting a hand over my mouth while I pulled her in, keeping my arm around her waist. 

After I kissed her once, I couldn't stop myself from doing it over and over again. I couldn't keep my hands off of her, I wanted to be touching her all the fucking time, I wanted to kiss her over and over, everywhere. She was mine. Actually mine. I rested my head against the headboard, staring at her as she lowered her hand, trying to climb off but I held her hips down, ensuring that she still straddled me. 

"Tomorrow is the wedding, you realize that, right? We have to get up, everyone has to get ready, get to the church. We should be sleeping," she said pointedly. 

"Who wants to sleep when they can kiss?" I asked, leaning forward and pressing my lips to hers again. 

She smiled against my lips and kissed me back, resting one hand on the back of my neck, pulling me in deeper. She pulled away before I wanted to and gave my cheek a light slap, turning my head the other way. "Okay, that's it. We should go to sleep, come on." 

I sighed in defeat, watching her as she got off of me and moved to her side of the bed. 

She sat against the headboard and turned to face me. "Stop," she whispered, covering my eyes this time. I heard her turn her lamp off before she pulled her hand away. The room was completely dark now but the white curtains let in enough of the moonlight for me to make out where she was. She shuffled and lay down before I did the same. 

"Emmy." 

"Hmm?" 

I found her waist and pulled her closer to me. "The day we land back in New York," I began, "it's kind of my only real day off from practice. I have a lot to catch up on when I get back." 

"Yeah?" 

"Yeah. So, I wanted to ask if after we land, you'd come home with me. Will you?" 

"Where do you stay?" 

"Falcon Apartments, Park Avenue." 

"Are you serious?" 

I paused in confusion. "Yeah... why?" 

"I live on 5th Avenue. That's barely ten minutes from you," she chuckled softly. 

I blinked in realization. "Were you... were you the redhead? The one in a pink hoodie at a grocery door a few days before we flew out here?" 

She turned her lamp back on, staring at me wide-eyed. "Were you there?" 

"Yeah. Yeah, I was in line behind you. You pulled the hood on, so I couldn't tell." 

"Oh my God," she laughed softly. "And June's Boutique? Were you the reason the paparazzi was there?" she asked. 

"You were there? You were the other customer looking for an engagement cocktail dress?" I gawked at her.