12| Anything

I have got to stop changing these chapter names

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Anything

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 12: Anything (Adam's POV)

As we strolled down the neighborhood, going from one street to another, I realized that somehow, we all managed to stick together instead of going in different directions. We hadn't lost anybody yet. It was like we were part of our own tour guide group that was being led by two people, Remy and Aspen, who didn't know where we were going themselves. 

We haven't reached lunchtime yet, it's barely been forty-five minutes since we got here, and we're nearing the shopping streets now. At least that's what Remy's squeals told us all. 

I trailed at the very back, behind everyone else with Emma and Emilia walking right in front of me, their arms still linked. 

Emma's always been fond of Emilia since she's her older cousin, they get along from the very start. Ava and Emilia aren't as close, Ava definitely has more fun with Remy and they're kind of alike as well, just how Emma and Emilia are. 

So far, Emma makes Emilia stop and take a picture in front of every bright and pretty building and Emilia either listens or ignores her and keeps walking, which is when Emma turns to me. "Em!" Emma groaned, stopping in front of a bright, pastel pink building. 

Emilia waved without looking at her and jogged forward, stopping beside my grandmother and walking with her. 

Emma ran over, blocking my way, tossing her phone to me. 

I caught it, lifting a brow at her. "What can I do for you now? Haven't you gotten enough pictures in front of blue and pink buildings?" I asked as she went and stood against the pink wall, holding up a peace sign and grinning. I snapped a few pictures and tossed her phone back to her. 

She gasped, barely catching it. "You almost broke my phone!" 

"But I didn't," I replied and continued walking. She fell into step beside me and as we walked, I could feel her eyes on me. "What is it?" I asked, glancing at her. 

"Why are you and Em so... what's the word? Yeah, hostile. Why are you so hostile with each other now? The last time I met you, it wasn't like this." 

"Last time you met me, you were ten years old," I scoffed. 

"Yeah, but I still remember. You guys were practically inseparable. Now you're... not so inseparable. Who messed it up?" 

"We both did," I replied. 

She mumbled a small, "Whoa," and then asked, "you're not blaming her?" 

I frowned in confusion. "No. We both made a mistake, why would I simply blame her?" 

She stared at me and I watched her in amusement. "You're like... out of a book," she said under her breath. "Well anyway, aren't you both going to make up?"