Chapter 50

The rest of that day and the remaining two were a flurry of events while the whole pack got together and prepared to hold the kings and queens of each species as well as their children.

I was nervous about the meeting with the species because they were all older than me and have had a lot more experience with these types of things than me. I read through each treaty that my father had made with each species and made some changes to it under the advice of my advisor.

I mean, some of the stuff that my father had set with the species was so outdated that I couldn't help but laugh because it seemed so stupid. I reworded some of the things he had because I could pick up loopholes in it, something that could harm both species if anyone tried to do what the treaty had said not to do.

Carver, Trevor, and Brody were there every step of the way while I worked out the treaties, giving me suggestions and explaining some of the phrases that were in the treaties because it was so confusing, and I couldn't understand it without those explanations.

I leaned back in my seat and sighed while I rubbed my forehead after another long paragraph. "Why does this have to be so hard to understand?" I asked and gestured to the treaty with King Edmond, who was the Vampire king. "I mean, it has all of these big words that no one uses anymore."

"It is the way that it was," Carver said and shrugged. He cleared his throat and shifted in his seat. "Now, what are you having problems with?"

I gestured to the treaty and grimaced. "This," I said. "I don't get any of this, and I don't know if any of this will work or if I should change it so that we could understand or what." I moved a hand across my face and shook my head. "I agree with the fact that they aren't allowed to drink our blood without our permission and whatnot, but do we have to have it in such a lengthy form?"

Carver raised an eyebrow, and a small smirk appeared on his face. He had heard this many times before these past couple of hours, so he knew that I would say something, yet in the end, it'd stay the same, much to my distaste. "And how would you put it?" he asked.

"'Don't drink blood of others unless they say you can,'" I replied," 'unless you want to get your ass handed to you.'"

Trevor chuckled and bit back a small smirk while Carver shook his head and sighed.

Brody looked between the three of us and furrowed his brows before he looked at me. "Explain," he said. "Why is there a lot of chuckling going on from Trevor?" He glanced at my second when he chuckled again before he looked at me. "Is there a story behind it?"

I shifted in my seat and grinned innocently, and Trevor chuckled again. "So, there is a story behind it, and you'll meet the person that this happened to tomorrow."

Brody looked at Carver before he looked at me before he cocked his head. He frowned and studied me, worry and pain filling his eyes. "This person isn't going to make you leave again, is he?"

I shook my head, no, and pressed my lips into a thin line. Annoyance filled my body because I knew that Caspian would be coming tomorrow, and if he said something to Katie, then I would beat his ass just like I had done to the male that was the butt of the story.

"If Caspian says anything to you or to Katie, then I am going to kick his ass," Trevor said and folded his arms across his chest. He scowled and narrowed his eyes. "Does he have to come tomorrow?"

"He is the next in line to the throne," I replied with a small grumble in my voice. "Unfortunately, he does have to come."

"Hmph," he grumbled. He cleared his throat and grew serious while he smirked. "Now, are you going to tell Brody what has happened?" he asked and raised his eyebrow while I rolled my eyes at him. "Or am I?"

Again, I rolled my eyes at my second before I looked at my mate and cleared my mate. "So, you are going to meet George tomorrow. He's the Vampire Prince, and the first time we met was when I was about five or six, and he had to be about eight or nine. I was hid-"

"When have you not been hiding?" Trevor asked, interrupting me.

I shot him an annoyed look before I looked at Brody. "Anyway, I was hiding from my duties, and I was annoying Carver more than anyone else because both my mother and father knew that I didn't want to meet the vampire king and queen."

"Why not?" Brody asked. "Were you scared that they were going to hurt you?"

I wrinkled my nose in disgust and shook my head. "It was because I had been in "meetings" with many cat kings and queens for the past couple of days, so I didn't want to meet the king and queen of the Vampire species."

"But you weren't scared of them, were you?"

I snorted and shook my head. "Oh, no," I replied. "I was not scared of them. We didn't have this deep rooted hatred for them as Wolves do. I knew what they could do and had sworn that if someone attacked me and tried to get blood from me, then I was going to beat their ass and take blood from them first."

Brody looked at me before he smiled and shook his head. "Is that what you did to this George person?" he asked, and I nodded, still feeling accomplished, even though it had been a long time ago.

"Yep," I replied and nodded again. "I was in the hallways skipping somewhere when I felt this presence behind me. I had no idea who or what it was, so I ignored them and kept skipping to somewhere, ignoring Carver's calls to get to the meeting."

"She was singing random songs to me, and I had to keep my face blank because I was in the meeting," Trevor said. He shook his head and sighed while he moved a hand through his hair, and he looked exhausted. "It was exhausting, and I was silently cursing her because I thought she would be there, so I didn't sneak away like I wanted to."

I smiled innocently at Trevor before I looked at my mate. "Anyway, George had snuck out of the meeting and was roaming the halls. He saw me and wanted to scare me as well as taste some of my blood. Instead, he got a punch to the face, and we started fighting.

"When they found out that George was missing, they went to go looking for him. When they found him and me, I had already taken a huge chunk from his shoulder and was basically kicking his ass."

"How did the Vampire king react to you kicking his son's ass?" Brody asked, looking at me, amused.

"He was amused, actually," I replied. "I think he hadn't thought that I would be able to kick his son's ass, but I showed him." I smiled and shrugged. "So if George tries to do that shit again, then I will take another chunk out of his shoulder and spit it out at his feet like I did last time."