Chapter 10

I pursed my lips as I studied the books and paperwork Ro and Ray had left for me. My head was pounding as if someone took a mallet and started to bang it between my eyes, but I didn't care. I knew that Amity had said something about having placed a spell that would let her "come" to me during the night of a new moon in here. And well, tonight was going to be a new moon where Wolves were sort of at their weakest and the witches were at their strongest.

"Hey, are you busy?" my mate asked, knocking on the door. He glanced at his little sister sleeping beside me and smiled, softly. Love filled his eyes, and I could see that he cared about his little sister.

"Yes, but please bug me," I said with a dramatic huff and shoved the stuff off the bed. I winced when it created a loud thud and was surprised that Katie didn't wake but stirred a bit before going back to sleep.

Brody sighed in relief and sat down beside me. "I am glad that she didn't wake up," he said, honestly, and I nodded. He shuddered, mockingly. "She is a terror when she is woken up."

I chuckled and nodded just as Trevor ran into the room holding a can of whip cream.

Trevor looked around and relaxed before looking at me. "What?" he asked, catching my raised eyebrow. "I felt your fear spiking because of something. Also, I was about to come to your room anyways." He squirted some whipped cream into his mouth and looked at the books on the floor. "Trouble studying?"

I scowled, holding out my hand for the whipped cream. "You look like a rabid dog," I muttered, and he snorted. "And, it is still boring."

"And, you will be having to go to school and learn other stuff," Brody said, and I groaned in annoyance. He cleared his throat and licked his lip. Jealousy filled his eyes, and I knew exactly what was on his mind. "Who is Casper?" he asked.

I bit back a smirk, sensing him getting jealous. "You know him as Prince Caspian Andrew Salem Parker Edmond Regal," I said.

"Or as Kat likes to call him, "Casper"," Trevor added. He walked into the room and handed me the can before picking up the books. "Whatcha looking for?" he asked setting them back down on the bed.

I scowled and ate from the can. "Spell to summon Amity. It's a New Moon."

"Our Wolves are weak. Why do you want to summon her now?" Brody asked.

"Witches and Warlocks are stronger," Trevor said, picking up a book from the pile. He flipped through one of the books, and a piece of paper fell out. "Amity is probably in a bind, but if Kat summons her..."

"She might be able to come." I grabbed the piece of paper that had fallen and scanned it over. Excitement and nervousness filled me because I could tell that this was the spell that I needed. "So this is the spell," I said. "However, I am going to need your help." I looked at my mate. "Will you help me?"

Brody nodded his head with no hesitation. He was putting his trust in me, and I couldn't help but feel grateful. He knew that he would be weaker than normal, but he was sure that nothing would go wrong. And, if something did go wrong, then we would be able to take care of it. "Of course."

***

I licked my lips, nervously. I had no idea what the years had changed, and I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted to see Amity or not. I knew that I had to see her put a protection spell on me, but I didn't know if I wanted to have one.

"Don't tell me you are second guessing this," Trevor said, coming to my side. He glanced at me and then looked towards the summoning circle that I had made. He didn't need me to tell him that I was because he knew that I was. "You are."

"Well, can you blame me?" I asked, looking at my second. "What if Romanov found a way to control her? What if this doesn't work? What if this summons Romanov instead of Amity? What i-"

"It's the "what if's" that will kill you," Trevor said, interrupting me. "Besides, this is Amity we are talking about. She'd probably just be pissed that you didn't contact her sooner."

I bit back a snort and rolled my eyes. I didn't say anything but took a deep breath. I knew that he was right, but it still didn't silence my thoughts. "Ok, I'll contact her." I took a step towards the summoning circle where Brody was standing and watching it. "Ready?"

Brody looked at me and smiled. hesitantly. "What if she doesn't like me?" he asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know," I replied, honestly. "But, I do know that we are going to have to do this even with the "what if's"." I glanced at the sky and pursed my lips. I could feel deep in my bones that it was time, and I knew that I wouldn't be able to wait any longer. "I mean, we are out of time right now, so it is for the best."

Brody nodded his head, looking hesitant. He cleared his throat and held out his hands, wanting me to take them. "Ready?" he asked.

I placed my hands in his and faced him. "As ever," I replied before closing my eyes. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes before starting to say the spell.

Energy from the earth, water, fire, and air filled the space around us. The energy glowed gold, but I wasn't focusing on that as I felt this string pull taunt. I could tell that it was happening to Brody too because of the tact that he hissed out in pain.

The string or whatever broke, pushing us into opposite directions and out of the summoning circle.

I covered my eyes as dirt and wind blew into my face and waited until everything settled before opening them.

And, in the circle where I once stood was a female with two different colored eyes. Her black hair was pulled out of her face, letting me see a long scar that started at the base of it. Tears filled her eyes, and I wasn't sure if they were tears of anger or sadness.

"You called?" she asked after she took a look at me up and down. Relief filled her body when she didn't see anything wrong with me before looking me in the eyes. She smiled, and that smiled calmed my nerves. It let me know that she was still on my side, even when my "uncle" did what he did. "Took you long enough."