Chapter 18

After talking with Caspian and catching up on the alliance's status between the Wolves and the Cats, Ray, Ro, and I went to the library to discuss what I had wanted them to do.

"So," Ro said, leaning back in the chair. "What is so dangerous that you just want us in on this plan?" he asked.

"Ya, I am surprised that you are not having your "twin" with us," Ray added, and I rolled my eyes and scowled.

"My "twin" had a bad reaction already with what I had to say," I replied, leaning forward. I moved a hand through my hair and sighed. "I don't think that he would be able to handle it."

Ro and Ray looked at each other. Identical frowns were on their face because they knew that it must be serious. "What do you want us to do?" he asked, turning to look at me.

I licked my lips and cleared my throat. "Sneak into the castle?" I asked. I sighed and closed my eyes a bit. "My mom and Aunt Diane are alive."

"How do you know?" Ro asked after a moment's pause. His heart skipped a beat, and I could tell that he was shocked. "Did you see them?"

I hesitated but nodded my head. "I saw them when I made the traitor's symbol on Romanov's back. It somehow linked me to him. He didn't see where I was at, but he knows that I am alive."

"Do you want us to get them out of the castle?" Ray asked, causing me to shake my head. "Why not?"

"Too dangerous," I replied. "Amity had placed a spell on them to make them immobile. She had no choice." I glanced at Ro when he opened his mouth.

Ro closed his mouth and had this thoughtful look on his face. "Well, I kind of thought that," he said. "Do you want us to figure out who placed the spell on her?"

I hesitated. I wanted that to happen, but I didn't know if it would be possible. "Can you do that?" I asked, looking at Ray.

She nodded her head. "I think so," she replied. "Do you know Amity's schedule? Or where would she be held?"

I shook my head. "Mom is in Romanov's bedroom, I think. He had cut out her tongue and makes her crave his touch."

They both growled out, protectively. However, they didn't move from their spots. They knew that we had to make a plan to make it so that we didn't get hurt or captured.

"What about Diane?" Ro asked.

"Dungeons with Uncle Peter," I replied. "She has been raped by him."

"And Peter had felt it?" Ray asked, and I nodded. She growled, her eyes flashing. "No wonder you don't want your twin over here," she said, bitterly. "He would be going in there with guns a blazing."

I nodded my head. "I had to order him not to get them. I knew that he wouldn't think of a plan and get himself killed."

Ro scoffed teasingly and placed his hand over his heart. "What? Are you not worried about us getting killed?" he asked.

"Not really," I replied. "I know that you two will think rationally before doing something."

They nodded their heads in unison. "Anything else?" they asked.

"The gem. I don't know if my mother has it or hid it, but I think that you two can find it." I reached into my pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. "The highest part of the castle should work for this or my old bedroom."

Ray took the paper from me, and both of them looked at it. "We just have to say the spell?" she asked, causing me to nod my head. "What if it burns us?"

"Hold out your hands," I said, putting my hands out. I had no idea who would do the spell, so I needed to make sure to do both.

Ro and Ray placed their hands on mine. They looked at me, and I could tell that they trusted me.

I took a deep breath and focused on my powers. "I, High Queen Katherine Evelyn Fiona Viera, give you, King Ronan Demetrius Cage, and you Princess Raylen Serenity Cage to collect and bring me back the Stone of Power. I give you permission to use it if everything else fails, and you can not get away from the clan. Do you two accept?"

"We accept," they chorused. There was a bright as the spell was completed, almost pushing us back.

"Wow," Ro said, looking at his hand to see if there was anything different. "I can't believe that you trust us."

"Well, you are my best friends, and I know that you will not betray me." I gave Ray a look, causing her to look down. "I mean, it could burn up your insides if you do."

Ro wrinkled his nose. "Is there anything else that you want us to do?" he asked. He didn't question the look or anything, but I could tell that he was curious.

I was about to shake my head but stopped. "Find out which guards and people living in the castle are on my side and those who are against me. Also, make sure that nobody is being held as a bargaining chip. I think he'll do that to make some people listen."

They nodded.

"Anything else?" Ray asked.

"That is all," I said, standing. I watched as they stood and hugged them. "Be careful," I whispered.

Ro and Ray hugged me tightly. "We will," they chorused. They let go of me and grinned.

"We'll be back when we are done with our mission," Ro said. "And then we will stay and help you train."

I smiled and nodded my head. "I look forward to your help. Good luck."

They nodded and left, leaving me in the room by "myself."

I bit back a sigh and sat down, feeling tired. "Goddess," I whispered, moving a hand across my face. "Protect them."