𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷

THE LOUD YELLS from the outside of what I can guarantee was coming from my window was what pulled me out of my deep slumber. I groaned annoyedly as I began to rub my eyes and bury my face in the depths of my soft pillow.
But, that was short-lived when I realized what day it was today.

I opened my eyes in wide realization.

Now, I knew what the whole chaos outside was about.

"Avery! come on, it's time to go!" Harley's voice boomed from the hallway as she seemed to get closer to my bedroom door.

Quickly, I pulled the sheets off me and dashed into my bathroom before she can see that I had accidentally overslept on the day we were obviously supposed to leave for college. She'll be completely mortified if she still saw me sloping and sleeping around.

It's been both of our dreams since we were kids to attend college, and today looked to be the day it was happening. Being the student with the highest ranking in all classes in high school wasn't just for nothing. Surely, when I was a kid in middle school I didn't know what I wanted to study and be once I've grown up, but what I didn't know was that the answer was directly written in front of my face when I discovered my love for that ink on paper and the excellent execution of literature works on the summer of my freshmen year of high school.

When I realized the fictional world out there, a life without the frigid, and void I chose to major in English Lit, of course.

Harley being the person I've trusted more than anything in the world told her my decisions and plans first. I loved her much to participate in the damn cheerleading squad, even though she claimed it was for better school benefits. Her parents and mine have been childhood friends since the time they were young which led us to obviously grow up together as if we were sisters. She was my best friend since we were newborns having that both my mom and Harley's mom were pregnant at the same time. As cliche, as it may sound, it was the whole truth.

When I told Harley my decisions for our planned out future and have that she already had hers planned out to study physics, (which I clearly do not understand. I despised anything having to do with math and science.) she was really happy for me as I was for her.

I'll be lying if I said I wasn't extremely nervous and excited all at once for the major change that was happening today.

"Avery, are you in the shower?" Harley asked when she opened my bathroom door. I could've bet a hundred dollars there was a huge cloud of vapor pouring out once she opened the door.

"Um...yeah," I mumbled behind the curtain as I hurried to scrub my body and hair. This was really not how I was picturing this morning to go.

"Jesus, Avery! Hurry, today is a big day, we leave in an hour." she gritted out, frustrated, then shut the door behind her.

Well, there she goes with that famous attitude of hers.

When I'm showered, dressed in a plaid T-shirt and jeans, and have stared at myself in the mirror for a full good five minutes—I'm finally mentally and physically ready to face this day and a frustrated Harley. I really didn't know if I was more nervous to face Harley or to face today's innovation.

I was thankful last night we had done all the stressful and handy work of moving boxes into dad's car or else we would've much piled up stress than there already is for today.

I grabbed my last few last-minute things which consisted of: A book for the one-hour drive, headphones, a phone, a backpack (which will later be stored with snacks) a laptop, and last but not least a bag filled with what you would usually see in the first day of school backpack, but with a little tiny bit of more academical accessories.