𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟼

GABRIEL WHO I'VE LEARNED HIS name was two weeks ago drove me to Hades' house. He actually seemed pretty nice and down to earth. When Hades had mentioned he had a bodyguard or caretaker—whatever you call it I imagined a buff guy with a black suit like the ones from movies. But I was entirely wrong—except for the buff part. I'll give him that.

When he lurked around campus with me or drove me places it seemed as if he was more of a friend than a guard.  He even talked to Harley once in a while and let's just say Finely is not so happy about that.

I don't blame him. When Harley makes a friend she is too friendly.

"How was your astrology lecture? It's your final lecture of the day, isn't it?" he questioned, his eyes stuck on the road. I was surprised he remembered.

"Yeah. It went pretty well, actually. I'm glad that class is my final lecture of the day. It gives me a piece of mind." I said and he nodded in understanding. He was the same height as Hades, had dark hair, and dark eyes as well, and he also had tattoos cascaded down his arms and he wore piercings on his ears and face.

I cringed. I wondered if any of them hurt.

"How long you've known Hades for?" I asked, watching the Seattle raindrops pouring down the windows.

    "About four years," he answered. Hm. I bet that is why he trusted him so much to take great care of me. I looked at Gabriel for a moment thinking about Hades' men. Or whatever they are. I can only imagine that they were also like family to him.

    My heart clenched for him.

    I wondered. Did he consider me family too?

    We pulled up outside Hades' house and I thanked Gabriel before walking out of the car and walking up towards his door.

    I glanced at the many locks then at the code box right above and now I understood why he was so careful about this. After what happened I couldn't blame him for keeping this much protection around his home.

    I wouldn't be surprised if there were bodyguards lurking around his house.

    The door came open before I knew it and there stood Hades with no T-shirt but only jeans hanging low around his waist. I was surprised at how fast he had recovered. Even after he got discharged from the hospital it didn't look as if he had just gotten out of surgery. Why am I surprised? It's Hades we are talking about.

    Ruthless.

    Bad.

    Emotionless.

    Cold...

    "Hey," Hades now stood right in front of me. He cupped my face and I smiled tenderly at him. "What are you thinking so much about?" he asked, pulling me in through the door and shutting it.

    "Nothing," I walked further into his lovely home and swung my bag off my shoulder.

    "Hungry?" he questioned and I nodded as we both made our way into the kitchen.

    I watched as he took out some containers and began to serve. I smiled at the view from behind. It was kind of surprising seeing he didn't carry any tattoos behind his back except the one all the way on top that reached his neck. It was a date in roman numerals.

    I squinted to try and see what date it exactly had but he turned back around so I couldn't have any sight of it anymore.

    "How were classes today?" he asked, placing a bowl of what looked like chicken pasta in front of me. I bet Beverly had left this before she left today.