𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾

THE FOLLOWING MORNING I had woken up expecting Hades gone like he always disappeared the following day but surprisingly I still felt the warmth of his body under mine as I shifted on his chest and checked the time to see it was nearly five in the morning.

I buried my face in his chest deeper and deeper until my nose was particularly squished.
He smelt so damn good.

He shifted in his spot and I continued to bury my nose in his hard chest. Not a second passed before he massaged my scalp with his fingers.

If this wasn't heaven I didn't know what was.

I almost moaned from the feel of his skilled fingers moving against my scalp. I got flashbacks from when I sometimes laid on Harley's lap and she played with my hair until I fell asleep.

"Keep doing that." I groaned, feeling extremely relaxed. I still hadn't gotten over the fact that Hades had already met my entire family and the fact that he acted really well with them. The fact that he lost his family saddens me every time I think about it. That's why it is the mere fact that I never speak about mine unless he asks.

I had to sometimes remind myself that he was a little kid once, a young teenager deeply wounded and hurt over his parents' death. I can't imagine being his age and witnessing my Dad or Moms death.

"Avery," he whispered. But he wasn't calling me. He sounded to be speaking to himself as if dreamily thinking deeply about something.

I wondered so much about him. Even if I felt that I knew so much about him and that I knew him so well. I still felt as if there was something new about him—in him lurking to burst out and speak to me.

The questions of his parents' murder second-hand lurked inside my mind wanting answers but instead stayed silent, not wanting to release the beast again like a few nights ago.

We stayed there for the most amount of time until it was broad daylight out and it was now exactly eight in the morning.

I felt like I stunk. I desperately needed a shower.

I finally raised my head from Hades' chest to look up at him. He had his eyes shut but it was visible that he was awake just resting his eyes.

Like always he felt my eyes boring into him and he opened his eyes. I smiled at the clueless expression visible on his green orbs.

"Morning, love." he brushed hair over my shoulders and leaned over to kiss me. I shut my eyes savoring his warmth.

I pulled away almost immediately aware that we had just woken up and that comes with some...stenchy morning breath. "Morning breath," I cringed and he rolled his eyes pulling me back against him to give me a full-blown kiss.

When I pulled back I covered his mouth and stood up to head to the bathroom. "I need a shower. I reek." I complained and he also stood up, obviously still in his last night's clothes. He still looked disturbingly handsome even if he just woke up. "Wait for me here, yeah?" I backed away into the bathroom without tearing my eyes away from him.

"Shower," he said, blankly. I guess that means a yes in little words. I rolled my eyes. Hades and his language.

+++

When I stepped out of the bathroom and into my bedroom I was surprised to find the room vacant with no Hades in sight.

My first instinct was first to feel disappointment, sadness, then anger for him leaving without telling me anything. Couldn't he at least care to let me know he would be gone?