𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺

MY EYES FLUTTERED OPEN as soon as I felt Hades' car come to a long stop. I adjusted in my seat and then looked up front just to see one of the most beautiful houses I've seen.

It was an average home—not exaggerated nor did it look too overbought or maybe it was I had no clue. It was hard to have a clear view of the whole beauty of it at this time of day.

I loved the modernity of this place.

I turned towards Hades who was already getting out the car. When I took I glance up at the huge house one last time I wondered if Hades lived alone.

I got off the car and stood in front of him where he waited for my drunken self. "Hold on to me," he ordered and I obligingly wrapped my arm around his warm shoulder.

As we walked on the short walkway of his home I laid my shoulder on him, feeling a little to tired.

He opened the glass door to his house and I didn't miss the million locks and codes he had to put in. I looked up at him with a questioning look. And without looking at me he said,"I don't have a normal lifestyle, Avery. Safety is our main priority." With that he unlocked the door and we stepped inside.

I looked around in 'awe' and observed, letting go of Hades' arm. I almost stumbled in my feet but Hades caught me before I could fall. "Watch it,"

Walking away from him I walked to the first thing I see which is the huge living room that looked to be furnished by not him, but someone with good and unique but also modern tastes. It was so mesmerizing—the windows surrounding had a view of the trees outside. It made it look eerie but also peaceful.

The furniture was set into a section format and organized with pillows on each. I bet Hades never took the time to relax on them. I rolled my eyes at the thought I would've been having the time of my life on these couches if I were him.

I continued to look further into it. The next thing that caught my attention was the framed art pieces around the room. I walked closer to them and observed the first one. It was a visualized art with hues of blues and grays but the thing that caught my eye was the hidden women and kid in the middle of the art piece. It wasn't the only art, there was plenty surrounding the home. I wondered if Hades chose them or if they were chosen by someone else.

"Lets get you to sleep," Hades said and I turned around, startled. I had almost forgot he was standing at the entrance, watching me.

I took one last look, disappointed I wasn't able to see the rest of the house. Maybe tomorrow.

Hades took my hand then led me up the stairs that was centered right in the middle, back of of the living room.

We made our way up the stairs and into a beautiful hallway, that had walls that outlooked to some of the outside trees—familiar to the ones in the living room. It had so much tranquil vibes.

"Your home is so beautiful, Hades." I complimented and he looked at me over his shoulder, as he stopped at the end of the walkway.

"It's not even all of it." he said. He pointed to the room we stood in front of. "This is yours. It's the guest room. I've had Beverly set some things to each room vacant room, so there would be anything you need. Tomorrow I'll have her bring some clothes to you." Beverly? There was a twist in my stomach as he mentioned another women's name. Was she his companion? Roommate?

My jealousy ran to its peak so I questioned him. "Who is Beverly?" he seemed thrown aback by my question but he looked content and...something else I couldn't figure out.

He finally answered my question and I wished I would've never asked. "What is it to you?" Did he just...? I took a deep breath. Just control your sanity, Avery.