𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼

I RAN THROUGH THE WET SIDEWALK, holding my coat right above my head. Running wasn't helping. The ends of my jeans were simply getting wetter and wetter as the water splashed under me. The past couple of days have been extremely rainy and living with it was something I was used to, so why am I complaining? I had no clue.

 "Ann!" I embraced Ann in my arms as she held me tight. It was only right I came and visited her since I haven't in quite a good time.

    "I'm glad you're here. I'll have Shaina serve you you're chamomile tea and raspberry danish, if you'd like?" she asked in high glee and excitement.

    "That would be great." I thanked and she went right over to tell Shaina. I smiled in content and then sat at the corner of the cafe, opening up my agenda book.

    I began to scrape off some things I've done already when Ann came over and placed the tea and danish beside me.

    "Harley told me you've been busy with school. How is that going?"

    "Surprisingly, it's been pretty good. But that's how it is. At first, it's easy, then it begins to get less content and simple. I'm used to it. I can manage." I explained and she nodded in understanding.

    "I'm sure you do. That's how you are. Brave and hardworking women." she said, looking at me with so much admiration I couldn't help but feel good about myself.

 "Thank you, Ann. Really." I said and she waved her hand in blunt dismissal.

  "I'll let you continue your thing. I have some people to tend to, but hey, don't worry about having to see this old lady every day I'll live." she pointed in accusation and I laughed when she walked away.

    She was the most courageous old woman I've ever met, but hell was she such a sweet woman too.

    When almost half an hour passes after writing more set agendas for the rest of next week I take out one of my to-read books that I've been wanting to read for the longest and isolate myself in it.

    I took a sip from some of the tea Ann kindly refilled and my phone began to vibrate, startling me. So much for some free time to read. I pulled it out, only to see it was Harley.

    "Yes?"

    "Where are you?" she asked in desperation.

    "At the cafe with Ann. Why?" I questioned and I heard a lot of profanities and movements.

    "Can you pretty please come back and help me find something and mentally prepare myself for tonight?" I had so forgotten today was the day when she was going with Finley to see the game.

    I sighed, placed the phone in between my shoulder and ear then began to gather my things.

    "I'll be there in five."

+++

"How is the game still going if it rained?" I asked when I sat at Harley's bed, as she continued to wear a series amounts of outfits. Being indecisive was never her thing. It had always been me. I almost wanted to laugh seeing her like this.

"I have no clue, Avery. I have no clue." she looked at herself in the mirror as she checked herself out. She wore some short shorts and a University of Washington sweatshirt.

    "Why are you wearing shorts in this cold weather?"  I asked with a raised eyebrow.

    "Avery!"

    "Fine, I won't say anything! But just because I care about your health, please wear some leggings instead of jeans. You'll look good either way." I advised and continued to read at the line I stopped in my book.