𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶

IT HAS BEEN EXACTLY TWO WEEKS since Hades lent me the word that he will be gone for some time and he hasn't contacted me since. And I didn't know how to feel about it. I felt that he should've at least given me a call twice a week instead of once a week.

 It wasn't exactly a problem, but I missed him.

    I had finished my late evening lecture of the day and I was heading back to the dining hall to meet Harley and Finley. Having astronomy as an evening lecture had become one of my favorite things. Understanding the universe was more of an enjoyment than a requirement.

    The cherry blossoms still gloomed in the air. It was always the best time of the day to just look at the fall and create a nice path through the whole walkway.

    "Hey, guys." I greeted taking a seat right beside Harley and Finley smiled and waved. I didn't miss the way Finley had an arm draped over Harley, protectively. Ever since the arresting of Hades happened Harley has been a little standoffish about the whole thing. Even Finley noticed the way she's been. I was afraid she suspected something.

    "Sup, Ave." she greeted back, biting onto a licorice stick. "How was your exam?"

    "It went well. Got a forty-two over fifty."

    "I'm glad. I didn't quite enjoy my Sociology lecture, today."

    "Should I be offended?" Finley spoke, touching his chest in feigned hurt. "We have that class together." Harley laughed and then kissed his arm that was draped around her playfully.

    "You just made the lecture better, fins." she gushed, sweetly. I almost felt envious they were able to have that type of affection towards each other. If only my boyfriend wasn't a criminal and had to be gone most of the time.

    I rolled my eyes and looked around the campus, watching everyone pass by. "Has Hades called you, yet?" Harley asked after a while.

    I contemplated the question for a moment deciding whether or not to lie so she went to get to conclusions but instead I decided to go with the latter. "No." I looked down at my fingernails.

    "I'm sure he will." Finely eased and I smiled, in an attempt to seem relaxed.

    "I don't know. It's kind of weird he doesn't contact you," Harley shifted in her seat and looked at me in concern. It seemed as if she was waiting for the perfect moment to say it.

    "He does call." I defended.

    "Once a week, Avery. Is that sufficient for you?" I remained silent and a couple of guys grabbed our attention when they screamed for Finely.

    "I'll catch up with you guys later, Ok?" Finley stood, kissed Harley, and left. He seemed more than glad to leave the table. I didn't blame him I would too be glad to leave the awkwardness of the conversation as well. I was glad he was leaving though. It felt as if this conversation was more between Harley and I.

    "I don't really want to be that friend, Avery. Trust me. I just wouldn't like it if I were you. It seems sort of...wary, don't you think?" she asked. "Or no don't answer that. I just wanted to share what I felt towards this, Ave." I weighted out her question but not for the same reason she suspected. It was for this reason he didn't give me enough insight into what was going on or give me the time of the day when he is gone.

    I nodded it out and we continued to speak about other things descending that subject away. The thing about Harley was that she never went out of her way to speak about what she is thinking but she does confront it.

    When we continued to talk for the rest of the day until finally, the sun had gone down we walked to our dorms and gave our farewell when she mentioned Finley texted to meet him down by his dorm.