𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶

Soon.

Soon?

   A complete lie.

    It's been 3 weeks almost a month and he hasn't called, texted, or seen me.

    Until now.

    "Avery, come on, don't be rude. Just answer the damn guy." Harley gushed as we sat outside the dining halls, watching and gazing out after our last class.

    I furrowed my eyebrows in feigned confusion. "What makes you say that?" I scribbled onto my blank paper where I was supposed to begin writing a draft for my paper.

    She rolled her eyes. "I know you too well, Avery. Your thinking about him, and I saw your phone light up earlier today that read. "Are you ignoring me"so..." I swallowed and sighed. Ignoring him was the only way of saying "fuck off".

    "Did you go where you promised you'll go?" I haven't gone to see Ann and I felt extremely bad for not going in weeks already, but I wasn't feeling in such mood lately and she always sees right through me.

    "Yeah. She asked herself where was the only ray of shine she gets to see in Seattle." I smiled, knowing that that was something she would exactly say.

    Harley gave me a thoughtful look before she looked down at her laptop once more. 

    "What?"

    "Nothin', you just seem to always win over people's hearts with that little heart and mind of yours."

    "Harley, stop."

    "What? I'm saying the only truth."

    I rolled my eyes and began to gather my things. "I'm gonna head to the dorms, shower, then head to the library to work on this paper. I'm sure by the time I get there it'll be dark."

    "Of course. You work better at night." she smiled and dismissed me.

    "Bye."

    "Love ya."

    As I continued to walk around the campus, heading to my dorm my mind began to get consumed with heavy thoughts...again. When will this stop? A lone part of me felt extremely bad about ignoring Hades' messages and calls that began last night. But then I remembered his blatant lie of saying we'll see each other soon while in reality, it was going to be in a month. He should be feeling sorry about that.

    Why do I even care so much?

    I opened my dorm room and threw my things into my chair before picking out my usual comfortable, studying clothes. When I was about to head out my dorm my phone began to buzz.

    My head right away going to assumptions that it was Hades I sighed and went to grab it, nervously. As I did I couldn't help both the disappointment but also relief that it was my dad calling, instead.

    "Hey, dad." I greeted.

    "What is up, Av? How are you holding up with the college life?" he asked, sarcastically.

    "It's been pretty busy, I might say. Nothing surprising. The usual. It's what I signed myself up for anyway. I love it. I feel like...good. I love being busy. Although it won't be for long. I'm glad I got to save up instead of finding a job and adding more stress. I got you and mom to thank for that." I said, not knowing how to explain it the most fluently possible. Every time we have these phone calls it's the same conversation and questions. "How are you holding up?" Or "How are you feeling? Stressed?"

    "That's awesome, Pea. I'm glad ya' holding up there and keeping the spirit up. That's how I raised ya'" he continued and I cringed as his southern accent began to come out.