𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸

"IT'S JUST SOME PEOPLE from college and us. Also Finely was invited." Here I was talking to Hades through the phone, trying to convince him to go, and I couldn't be more embarrassed. What if he was too busy? Did I sound desperate? Maybe he doesn't want to go, I'll just say never mind. "Look if you don't want to go, it's fine, you maybe have some things-" I stopped babbling when he said my name.

  "I'll go, Avery," he said, and I shut my eyes, sat on the floor, and rubbed my forehead. How dumber can I get?

    "Sorry." I bit my nail.

    "Why are you sorry?" I can hear the amusement in his voice. "Tomorrow, right?" he asked and I swallowed, nodding my head, and I rolled my eyes. He couldn't even see me.

    "Yeah."

    "What time?"

"Not sure, but by six at evening, for sure," I assured and he stayed silent. I removed the phone from my ear, confused by the silence. I almost thought he hung up, but he was still on the line.

    "Hades?" I called pulling the phone next to my ear again.

    "Mm?"

    "I thought you hung up." I laughed.

    It was silent once more and I furrowed my eyebrows. "I hate this phone thing. I want to see you, now," he said, surprising me. I looked right at my dorm door where I could've sworn I saw a figure right under from the other side, but I was too lost in Hades' comment it didn't faze me.

    I smiled. "Welp, till tomorrow it is," I said, making sure he would be able to hear the smile in my voice. A little teasing would be an opportunity I wouldn't miss out on.

    "Avery." I heard the sternness in his voice, and the butterflies in my stomach went crazy.

    "See you tomorrow, Hades," I said, and before he can say anything I hung up the phone. I looked around my dorm, not being able to get the grin off my face. What have I become to? My life was so boring a month and a half ago, and Hades had now changed that. They were now filled with smiles on my face, and butterflies in my stomach. It felt...good. So damn good.

    I got out of my faze and decided it was about time I showered. I grabbed my towel and shower necessities and opened my dorm. I jumped in fright as Harley stood there with both hands on each side of her waist.

    "I still can't believe you said yes to that party, and now you just finished speaking to 'Hades'" she mocked. "Which for some reason you are the only one that can call him that." she retorted, almost running out of breath. She looked at me for a long minute before smiling and pointing her finger at me. "You are so flustered right now. What did he say? Tell me now."

    "Harley!" I said in astonishment, shutting my door and leaving her there, standing, with no answers, may I add.

    "Avery West!"

    "Stop, with the first name, and last name. You sound like my mom."

+++

I shuffled in front of the mirror, fixing up my hair in front of the mirror. I didn't want it to seem like I was trying so hard with the off-the-shoulder beach dress, a bikini under it as well, just in case. This will be sufficient for today. Natural, nothing big.

I grabbed my bag with some important things and headed out and walked to Harley's dorm to see if she was ready. Hades was meeting me at the lot, and as always Harley will ride with Finley.

    "Har, are you ready?" I knocked on her door, and she opened it almost immediately.

    "Can you help me zip this up, please," she said as she tried to reach behind her, to close her dress.