𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻

HE TOOK THE BULLET right above his heart. It was missed just by a centimeter. One centimeter and it would've been done for. The bullet had only grazed his heart, and that was all. But God was it still terrifying to wait for him to be stable I needed to see him.

They were still inside with him doing surgery, and my knee didn't quit bouncing up and down in anticipation.

    God, how the hell did this just happen?

    Everything was going to so fine. I wouldn't ever erase the panicked look on his face before he took the bullet. The worst thing was he was worried not for himself, but for me.

    Harley touched my shoulder and I flinched. "He's ok. The surgery will be a success. Good thing is that the bullet missed by a centimeter, Avery." she assured but I didn't listen. I couldn't.

    "There is no guarantee. They said it themselves—he will survive, just the recovery will be a struggle." Finely protested as he stood right beside his cousin—Levi.

    There was a high chance that Hades' men and Hades himself will take more matters into their own hands and take charge of the situation more than before once Hades woke. But I wasn't so sure about this anymore. He was placing his own life on the line now.

    "Look, I don't really know you or anything, but Hades wouldn't want to see you like this, so toughen up," Levi said and I didn't know if he meant to sound rude or if it just came out that way. Either way I didn't care.

    He was right though.

    I lifted my head from my hands, then looked in front of me to the nurses going on and about.

    I hated this place. It was so depressing and sad that it made my whole body build up with chills and anxiety. Many lives died here, and many people received the news of their loved ones death here.

    "You need me to bring you some tea?" Harley offered but I shook my head.

    I stood from my seat as a call came in through my phone. It was my mom.

    I cleared my throat then answered. "Hey, mom. What's up?" I tried my hardest to sound fine.

    "Hey sweetie. How's everything going?" I almost groaned having to put on a facade for her. It felt wrong—hiding something so big from my family. But then I couldn't just say 'hey mom, and dad I am dating a criminal and now he got shot by one of his worst enemy's'  Yeah that wouldn't go as well.

    I ended the call quickly coming up with an excuse then walked back towards Harley who stood, gazing at me in worry. She looked so concerned for me. I hadn't noticed before. I was too worried about everything I didn't acknowledge anybody else's concern and worried looks.

    I walked closer to her and I embraced her.

    "I'm sorry."

    "You have nothing to be sorry about, Av." I was surprised she didn't say 'I told you so' considering my life was almost put on the line.

    "She really cares about him, doesn't she?" I heard Levi whisper but nether-less I still heard him. I assumed Finley nodded or something because he continued. "He took a bullet for her. I would say it's good to have her around for him because he needs someone but...she almost died." he admitted and it hit me like a truck. I almost did. And Hades took the bullet for me.

    Jesus.

    I rubbed my forehead.

    "Family of Hades Bronx." Everyone stood and I walked towards the doctor first.