𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹

I RUBBED MY EYES sleepily, groaning when the alarm clock sounded through my whole room.

Why did I even have the alarm clock set on the weekend? Me, that's who. I scolded myself mentally for being a waking-early freak and I reached over to my bedside table to turn the alarm off.

When I decided to wake up after almost twenty minutes of laying down, the events from yesterday came rushing back. The weird feelings. Hades. The comforting company I felt towards him. Something about him just seemed completely different. He was like a riddle I couldn't put together. It was mesmerizing

Pushing the blankets to the side I wondered if Harley got to her dorm safely so I grabbed my purse that I had thrown on the floor from how tired I was last night and fished out my phone to text her to ask if she was ok.

Yesterday, was all about partying, but today was going to be all about studying.

No more parties, Avery. I told myself.

I fixed up my bed, picked my clothes for later, then jumped into a hot shower letting my feelings from last night wash down the drain, into nowhere.

I wouldn't have thought I would see the man with green eyes ever again after three years. That was insane. And even more, insane that I thought that a few years back that he was such a coldhearted ass (which he was at first)would be one of the few people I felt the best easement talking to.

I checked my phone once again to see if Harley had replied to my message, but the alarm went through me when I didn't see any reply since the twenty minutes I've sent the message. I eased my mind by trying to convince myself that maybe she was possibly having a hangover and was still sleeping, but my other self told me to take the mere precaution of the worst-case scenario that could've possibly happened last night.

Dressed and ready to go I grabbed my bag filled with my laptop, books, and spare umbrella I made myself out, shutting the door gently.

I was about to turn away to head to Harley's dorm but stopped when I noticed the green sticky note in my front door.

I grabbed the little paper and looked at it in confusion for a moment, then looked around the hallway for signs of stalker or serial killer ready to burst out, ready to murder me.

Considering nobody left any notes in my front door of course I had to be cautious. I've watched many movies to know what happens when they leave anonymous notes.

I finally glanced down at the note and read it. My mood shifted once I saw that a number was written in a nice handwriting. Right away I knew who it was from as soon as I read the initial.

An H was imprinted at the very bottom of the paper. The paper looked a little worn down as if he had grabbed it from the floor. I smiled at the gesture.

That only meant one thing.

Hades wanted to stay in contact with me.

Grabbing my phone from my pocket I began to create a new contact and afterward sent a quick message but not before deciding what and how to start the conversation, so I settled with the most obvious message.

Hades:

Hey, saw your worn-down post-it on my front door. Added you to my contacts.

I rolled my eyes and then finally knocked on Harley's door. So much for worrying about her. I probably should've checked on her first then added Hade's number into my contacts.

When I was too busy worrying about my so job at being a friend her door didn't so much as open, so I used the spare key she gave me for her dorm that she decided to give to me, just in case anything happens, and I opened it quickly.