Prologue

Prologue

"An unidentified man who was in his 20's who allegedly committed suicide by jumping off the river and was rushed to the hospital last night was pronounced dead this morning."

It had been a while since the news broke out, but Seokjin still felt bothered about it. Especially since his brother has been missing for a week already. After what happened at the restaurant, he visited him the next day. He felt bad for acting that way, especially when he saw the pain in his brother's eyes. He wanted to apologize and hope for reconciliation, but Jimin wasn't there.

He waited a few days, but he never showed up. Seokjin even reported him missing, but there was no trace of him. Then he remembered the news he saw the night after he met Jimin.

Maybe Seokjin is exaggerating. There's no way it's Jimin. It probably did not concern him, but he felt the need to check the case. Hence, here he was in front of the police station.

With a throbbing heart, he stepped inside.

"What brings you here, sir?" The police asked, Seokjin swallowed. "I heard you were handling the case of the young man, who's in his 20's." And the police didn't seem to understand him, only staring at Seokjin with a bothered expression.

"Ah," he suddenly blurted out when he realized who he was talking about. "Is this about the young man who committed suicide one week ago?" He nodded.

"Have you identified that person already?" The police shook his head, "It appeared he had no family. We returned to the area of the incident in the hope of retrieving things that might help us identify him. Unfortunately, we only recovered a shoe that was a few meters away from the body." He explained.

The police officer left for a moment and then returned carrying a shoe placed inside a transparent plastic bag. It was as if he got slapped and felt numb for a moment as he recognized the shoe.

"Here." Seokjin snatched it away from the police's hands. He looked at it closely and saw that it indeed belonged to his younger brother. He gave it to him as his birthday gift, a year ago.

The police stared at him, weird out, but when the first tear escaped from the other's eyes, he immediately understood what those tears meant.

He was the family member of the deceased.

"The body was transferred already to the Seoul City crematorium in Goyang City. No one had claimed the body, and thus the cremains were kept there."