Chapter Eight

Third Person's POV

Jungkook twisted the doorknob and swung it open. There he saw Seokjin just staring out the window. Jungkook had asked Yoongi about Jimin's brother, they told him what happened to him and that he had been admitted to a psychiatric ward.

Seokjin turned his head expectantly, but when he saw Jungkook, the excitement in his eyes disappeared. He took his eyes off Jungkook and shifted his gaze back at the window again.

The younger male closed the door and approached him. He stared at the thing Seokjin was holding. As soon as his eyes landed on the shoe, he felt a lump form in his throat. It was said that it was the shoe Jimin was wearing that night.

Jungkook had his tears forming in his eyes.

Seokjin turned to look at him and saw Jungkook looking at the shoe. He looked down and stared at Jimin's shoe, he held it close protectively. Jungkook lifted his head and looked into his eyes.

"You can't take this from me." Jungkook was surprised by what he said and quickly shook his head because he got it wrong.

"I won't." Jungkook said to him softly.

"Good, cause Jimin will be coming back for this." He told him and smiled. Jungkook tried to smile even when he felt his heart was throbbing in pain.

"Aren't you friends with Jimin?" He pointed out and Jungkook nodded at him. Seokjin tilted his head and looked behind Jungkook's back.

"You're lying." He argued, pouting. "Because if you're really friends with him, then he should be here too." Jungkook took a deep breath. He was trying to prevent himself from being emotional, but it didn't work and let his tears trickle down his face.

Jungkook lowered his head and sobbed in front of Seokjin. The older male's eyes widened, startled by the younger male's cries.

"Why are you crying?" He innocently asked, and Jungkook didn't say a word. "Do you miss my Jimin too?" He asked again, and Jungkook felt his chest get heavier at the question.

Jungkook bit his lower lip and nodded his head. He looked at Seokjin and smiled at him. "That's right, I missed Jimin-hyung. I really miss him." He tells him.

Seokjin suddenly felt bad and looked at the shoe. He was hesitant at first, but eventually gave in. He offered the shoe he was holding.

"Hold this and you'll get better."

Jungkook took it and brought it to his chest. He was holding it tightly as if it was Jimin, the one in his arms. Seokjin smiled, thinking the shoe already made the younger feel better.

But he remembered that he also had to take it from him thus he started counting.