Chapter Twenty Two

Third Person's POV

Jungkook enters the room and immediately searches for Jimin. He only noticed two girls inside. He looked at the table where the materials were, which remained untouched.

Has Jimin already left? He takes his phone from his pocket, but stops just briefly when he discovers he doesn't have his number.

"Oh, J— Jungkook, you brought us food." He heard Sowon said, they looked excited to see him with food. He put the food on the table.

"I was hoping we could eat together though." Jungkook said, eyes still scanning the room. "I can't seem to see Teacher Park. Did he leave already?" Jungkook asked them, and he hoped he didn't. Umji points at the room, and the younger's face brightens up.

He was still here, he silently thought.

"I saw him went inside the napping area. I'll call him."

Jungwon stopped her from standing, Umji seemed surprised at his sudden intrusion.

"No!" Everyone looked at Jungwon. "You do it, Jungkook-hyung. Knowing Umji-noona, I know she's dying to eat already." Jungwon says teasingly and Umji didn't like what he said. Jungkook accidentally locked eyes with the person beside Umji, and the younger looked away.

Jungkook locked the door behind him. He saw him sitting down in the corner of the room. He was looking outside the window and was listening to music on his airpod. Even from a distance, Jungkook could see the sadness in him— he appeared lonely, which is not what he was showing when he was with Jungkook.

Jungkook felt his heart saddened at the sight. Jungkook knew that he was still hurting, and it would take a long time for him to heal.

Being there was the sole thing he could do for him.

Jungkook sat down beside him, Jimin turned to look at him. He smiled at Jungkook and it never reached his eyes. Jimin offered his other piece of airpod, Jungkook put it inside his ear. Jimin turned to look outside the window. Jungkook lowered his gaze on the smaller hand. He put his own hand on top and intertwined their hands without hesitation, Jimin held his hand just as tight. Jungkook felt him lean on his shoulder.

"I'm glad you're back." When Jimin said that, that put a smile on Jungkook's face. "Let me lend your shoulder." He asked with a playful voice. Jungkook leaned his head over the smaller.

"I'm sorry..."

"Hmm?"

"I shouldn't have left."

"Right," Jimin says, and the younger's heart aches. "I felt so lonely without you," He said quietly. Jungkook felt his throat tightening and his eyes stinging.

"But everything is fine now," He reassured the younger. "You're here," This sentence broke Jungkook, so he just hummed in response, afraid Jimin would notice.

"I'm tired, Jungkook..." He said, his voice sleepy. And he doesn't know exactly if he's referring to this day or if it's about everything—either way, his heart clenches.

It didn't take long for Jimin to fall asleep. At that point, Jungkook began to cry.

***

Jungkook felt him move. He tilted his head to get a look. He was awake. Jimin pulled away and touched the back of his neck. He was smiling. He looks adorable right now with puffy eyes, and Jungkook carefully touches his face. There was a hint of surprise on the latter's side, but it faded instantly.