Chapter Seventeen

Third Person's POV

Jungkook had a towel over his head as he looked outside the balcony. Until now, the rain has not stopped. He stared at the pouring rain for a while. It didn't take long for him to remember what he had seen earlier. The image of Jimin playing with the rain in his hand flashes in his mind- then his crying face when he sees Jungkook.

Jungkook sadly averted his gaze and walked across his bedroom. He sat on the edge of the bed and looked at his luggage. It was decided if he got to talk to him then he'd leave, but he suddenly became selfish and forced himself to stay in Jimin's world- and kept on hurting the smaller male.

It was Jungkook who needs Jimin, 'cause he knew he'd never get to move forward, he never wanted to. Yoongi was right, he can never be happy with this, because he wanted more than that, he wanted to be with Jimin hence why he's forcing himself on Jimin.

And if he wants Jimin to be happy, he has to leave. This should be enough. He needs to stop hoping. Jimin is well and healthy. He enjoys working with the kids, and the kids love him as well. There was nothing to worry about. Jungkook should go back and live his own life- it doesn't matter if he continues living with regrets and probably won't be happy for the rest of his life.

Jungkook removed the towel from his head and wore his jacket. He took his luggage and turned off the light. He came out carrying his things. He stopped when he saw the umbrella on the side of his door.

Even if it didn't mean anything, that put a smile on his face- even when that smile didn't reach his eyes. He looked at the door where Jimin's room was for a moment, and eventually averted his gaze. Part of him wanted to let Jimin know he was leaving, but he should know better. He would only cause pain by showing himself. He took the umbrella with him.

He entered the elevator, and checked the time on his phone. It was already past 9. When he reached the ground floor, he immediately walked outside the building.

Jungkook's chest felt heavy. He felt as if what he was doing right now was not right, even though this would be for the best. He ignored the tightness in his chest and opened his umbrella. When he turned to look for one last time, he noticed the people were coming down from their rooms. And based on their reactions, there was commotion going on.

They walked outside the building and now they were standing near him. There were around 6 or 7 people. They were busy with their phones. Out of curiosity, he approached an old woman to ask.

"What is happening?"

"The fire alarm went off. I heard the person in the first floor was responsible for this-" They suddenly noticed the smell of smoke coming from inside, and Jungkook instinctively looked at his surroundings carefully. He was suddenly nervous when he couldn't see Jimin. He immediately dropped his things and went inside again.

Siren could be heard in the distance, "Was anybody in this building still inside?" The guard asked, and when he noticed that someone had entered the building again, he immediately called out Jungkook.

Jungkook uses the stairs, taking long strides. He fears that any moment the fire will go off. When he reaches the second floor, he immediately knocks on Jimin's door. When he didn't get any response, he tried to break the door, but it was useless.