Chapter Twenty Four

Third Person's POV

Jimin frowned and covered his face. He could have ruined his plan simply because he can't control his anger. He should've handled the situation better, but hearing his name again made Jimin furious. Jimin was not the only one to blame, Jungkook should've known better too. He was aware of what had actually happened to them. How dumb can he get?

This can't happen again if Jimin wants his plan to work. He turned to look at the door. It has been hours since the younger male left. Jimin couldn't help but roll his eyes in annoyance-god damnit! He's irritated because he needs to go over with the younger just to show how regretful he was.

Jimin found it difficult to knock when he was already standing in the younger male's doorway. He bit his lower lip. He was having second thoughts. He was just not in the mood to do it. If he forces himself, he might end up revealing that everything has been a lie all along.

Jimin took a step and turned around.

His action halted almost immediate at the sound of the door opening- his eyes widened and clenches his fist.

"Jimin-hyung?"

Jimin cursed himself internally before facing the younger. Jungkook was looking at him with a puzzled expression.

"Why didn't you knock?" He questioned, completely baffled. And Jimin was in deep trance because he didn't know what to say.

"Hey," Jungkook calls out, and Jimin flinches. It was late when he noticed the proximity between them and Jungkook's hand on his other arm, Jimin shakes his head.

"Nothing." The smaller male averts his gaze; Jimin doesn't appear at ease in Jungkook's eyes, and Jungkook is disappointed in himself; he's always giving the smaller a hard time. "I'm going back," Jimin says, and Jungkook, realising he is still holding the smaller, pulls his hand back.

"Okay," Jungkook simply said, in an effort to stop bothering him. He slightly lowers his head and turns to leave. Jimin's eyes follow him; it looks like he is heading somewhere. Jimin would be lying if he said that he didn't find Jungkook's treatment bothersome.

Jimin knew he hurt the younger but can't he try harder to hide the lack of interest in his voice? Even if Jimin made a mistake, he should just take what he gives him and be grateful that Jimin was willing to be with him.

He's such a nuisance.

But afraid of ruining his plan, Jimin sat down on the floor and positioned himself just beside the door. He pulled his knees to his chest and rests his chin above his knees.

As he waited for him, he was quietly staring at his slippers.. It wasn't long enough when he began to feel sleepy. Jimin hugged himself tightly as the coldness took over and he slowly closed his eyes.

Footsteps could be heard in the background, which sounded so soothing in his ears that it brought back old memories.