Chapter Sixteen

Third Person's POV

Jungkook has been looking at the ceiling for quite some time now. He's supposed to move and prepare for work now, but he still remained lying down. Jimin's words to him are still playing in his mind.

The pain in Jimin's eyes was unbearable to look at, and he couldn't possibly do anything for him. He was aware of that, but he couldn't stop hoping. Jungkook closed his eyes. He was so sorry for what he did last night.

***

Jimin stopped and looked at the other door across from him. He knew Jungkook had been the one renting the other unit; he had heard it from his tenant. He looked away and continued walking.

"That's what I felt! That's how you made me feel, Jungkook! Even if you mourned for my fake death, even if you took your own life, that's still not enough for what I've gone through!"

Jimin kept on being reminded of what he said, and the way Jungkook reacted to what he had said made him sick in his stomach. He didn't mean that. He didn't want Jungkook to take his own life. Even when he hated the younger... that shouldn't have gotten out of his mouth.

Jimin spent most of his night overthinking. That's how bad it is. Jungkook deserved to be hated and looked at with displeasure and disgust. Jimin knew he had the right to do so, but not to the extent that he wished Jungkook to die. Even when the younger told him, he thought of ending himself.

That was just so wrong of him.

When Jimin walked inside the daycare, the workers greeted him, as usual, and he only acknowledged their presence by bowing his head. He put his things in the cabinet and then looked across the room.

"Are you looking for me?" Jungwon suddenly asked. Jimin looked at him. His eyes were insulting the shit out of the younger. Jungwon frowned at the older and left right away.

Umji approached Jungwon and pulled him closer while her eyes fix on Jimin, who was now on the side and sitting on the foam mat.

"Why does Teacher Park seem unenergetic?" Umji asked, "Isn't he always like that?" Jungwon retorts back, Umji looks at Jungwon in displeasure.

"God, I'm so stupid for asking you, really." He complained to the young man. Jungwon pulls a silly face and makes Umji scrunched her face.

"Your attitude really sucks, you know." Umji commented.

"Whatever, Noona." He said, looking at the door, "I'm going to the office. Please tell Jungkook-hyung that I need him at the office." Umji raised an eyebrow at him.

"And why are you always in the office? You have nothing to do there. Also, why do you need Teacher Jeon in your office?"

"It's confidential, Noona. This is between me and Jungkook-hyung, so I can't tell you." Umji scoffed and fanned herself at what she heard.