Chapter Twenty Nine

Third Person's POV

The next day.

"Hi," Jungkook greeted him. He raised the freshly baked bread that Jimin liked. Jimin took it, giving him a smile.

"Come in," He said. Jungkook followed him, and they headed straight to his kitchen. Jimin placed the paper bag on the table, and Jungkook noticed that the flowers he gave him were also there. Jimin noticed he had been staring for a while now.

"I have to put that in the vase," He said. "I have to replace the previous one." When he mentioned that, Jungkook felt at ease. That was all he needed to hear to stop thinking negatively about it. Of course, Jimin was taking care of the flowers Jungkook had been gifting him.

"You're not making the coffee today, I will!" He proposed, making Jungkook smile.

"I'll put the bread on the plate." Jimin hummed.

Unexpectedly, as they were enjoying their coffee, Jungkook had the idea to ask him out again. It had been a long time since he had asked him about it, and that thought crossed his mind. Jungkook bit his lower lip while waiting for the right moment to say it. Then Jimin suddenly spoke about the kids. Jungkook smiled because of that. The anxiety he felt momentarily faded away.

This conversation had become Jungkook's favorite. Jimin tended to laugh in between as he talked about the kids, and if he were honest, Jimin's genuine self was only visible to him in these moments. Jungkook had thought he lost that part of Jimin, but he was mistaken. Jimin tended to control his emotions to protect himself, but he doesn't do that with the kids.

"Jungkook-ah?"

Jungkook woke up from his trance. He squinted his eyes.

"I'm sorry. What was that again?"

"You don't seem to be listening," He teased with a disapproving look. "It's like you're thinking about something," He added.

"Uh... about that," Jungkook trailed off, his heart pounding. "Perhaps you are thinking about Sowon." He whispered, and Jungkook pauses. He was initially surprised, but the surprise quickly faded, replaced by a smile.

"Sowon?" He asked him. Jungkook laughed. "Why would I even think about her?" He questioned the smaller.

"Ask yourself, I'm not you." He replied with a teasing tone. Jungkook laughed again because of that. Was he feeling jealous? He asked himself with amusement. The smaller also couldn't look directly at him and was staring at his own mug.

"This is so silly," Jungkook commented while not taking his eyes off him. He saw a forming smile on Jimin's lips.

"Silly indeed," He raised his gaze, "I know, I'm the only one." Jimin said that confidently. Jungkook smirked, and he wasn't wrong about that. There was indeed no one else but him.

Jungkook's expression changed, and his heart began to beat faster again. Perhaps this was the opportunity to ask Jimin. He took a deep breath and held Jimin's hand. Jimin was puzzled and looked at their intertwined hands.