Chapter 1 - Bonjour Paris!

"Congratulations Emily ! You've been promoted. And guess what where you are moving to - Paris."

"Oh my god .. is this really happening?" Emily thought.

Emily has always admired and loved the idea of living in Paris . Bagels,Macaroons,French cafes, Wine,Cheese,French Kiss and Eiffel tower ( the epitome of romance obviously duh),what's not there to love about Paris (the city of love). Emily was ecstatic and excited. After Madeline said those magical words to Emily, Emily imagined Paris as her livin' city and instantly started to daydream. Lavish apartment with views of River Seine and Eiffel tower , French friends, amazing colleagues and maybe some unexpected French romance. After receiving the news she immediately called her best friend Lola. Lola and Emily have been best friends since the second grade. They are actually the hashtag best friends forever goals material. #bffsforever #bestfriendgoals #family

"Oh my god Emily..... Yayyyyy! My best friend is moving to her city of dreams Paris... Yayy!!! I'm so happy for you Em. Finally you will be living your dream by moving into an unknown city. I'm so excited for you."

"That means I've to leave Atlanta Lola. How am I gonna live a single day without you, without Auntie Maggie's Cafe's Mint Chocolate Chip Frapuccino, without my parents and moreover without my darling pet Archie??" , Emily said.

"Look at the bright side Em. You will be finally living your dreams. You'll be living alone without your parents. Do you know how much fun you can have by staying alone in an unknown city. Moreover the city will be an unexplored territory for you and just like Columbus discovered America, you'll be on an expedition to explore the hottest single hunks in the entire city of Paris."

"Ew! Gross! What the hell Lola! This is not the time for a joke. I'm going there for my work. Working for a marketing agency as big as the Gilbert group is hell of a responsibility Lola. I really don't know what I will be doing there all alone."

Narrator- Well important lesson of the day Emily- There's a big difference between watching dreams and actually fulfilling them hun. I hope you have realised now that you have lots of barriers further. Be prepared to witness an amazing ride Emily as you have boarded the Paris Express and it's not gonna take a turn back now.

"Well I guess there's no looking back now. But I must say I'm really excited for my new journey Lola!"

"Yes absolutely. I'm so happy for you Emily. When are you leaving for Paris btw?", Lola asked.

"I'm leaving on the 7th of June. That means I have less than a week now. OMG!! I have to start packing I guess."

"Yes. Pack all of your amazing outfits so that you can stay at your A Game.Emily's Fashion Blog - Edition Paris", Lola laughs.

"I better hurry now Lola. But before that let's grab a drink from our favourite bar.Wohooo!"

*6 days later*

"Thank you so much all for this amazing farewell. Don't miss me cause I'll be returning within a couple months.Thank you Lola for organizing such an amazing party. Love you to bits and pieces. Thank you Mom and Dad and take care of my baby Archie. Thank you Madeline for the amazing opportunity. I won't let you down I promise! Thank you so much everyone!"

Awwwww the crowd sighs

( DON'T START NOW BY DUA LIPA PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND)
(YouTube link for all the music lovers here! Yayyy!! https://youtu.be/oygrmJFKYZY)

"Please stay safe dear Em!" , Emily's mother Lea exclaimed.

"I'll mom. Please don't worry. And don't forget to take your meds Mom. Dad please take notice of that until I come back home."

"Sure Emily. You have the time of your life. Enjoy Paris my love", said Arthur, Emily's retired Navy Officer dad." Hey look Madeline is looking for you."

"Hi Mads !"

"Emily!Emily!Emily! The star of this evening... Do enjoy your time in Paris and work hard for Savoir. Don't forget to bring some American point of view in that French fashion firm. I have heard their boss Sylvie is a bit difficult. So stay calm with her. "

"I'll Mads. I will.I'll miss you so much. Now who will be bringing you your iced tea every morning?"

"Don't worry Emily. Rachel - the new intern will take care of that."

"Thank god! Now take care of that growing baby Madeline."

"I surely will", Madeline exclaimed laughingly.

(The guests leaves from Lola's apartment)

"Thank you so much Lola for the amazing evening. I enjoyed it so much."

"Anything for my bff". (Lola tears up)

"Aww.. Now don't cry now. I will start crying then. My makeup will get spoiled then. O gosh ."
(Emily tears up)
"Please do try to find a date from your busy schedule to come and meet me there."

"I'll definitely come and meet you Em after my cousin's marriage. I hope you remember I have to fly to Vancouver for the wedding."

"Duh ;) I obviously remember. I guess it's my time to say goodbyes."

"I think so Emily ! Good bye and have a safe flight and don't forget to give me each and every little gossips and updates."

"And VC at 11:00 PM local time everyday!"

"Yes Emily. I will be looking forward.Good bye then!"

"Bye Lola!"

(Emily and Lola hugs)

Narrator- There's no looking back now Emily .Go and have the best time of your life. Have a blast! Wishing you the best for your ultimate Parisian de l'expérience.

Au revoir Atlanta. Bonjour Paris !!!

Chapter 2 coming soon! Stay tuned :)