Chapter 8 - Hugs and kisses

Emily was too annoyed to even reply to Luc and Julian's texts. She was straightaway avoiding both of them.
Even though Mindy suggested Emily to reply, Emily thought to do the same later. Mindy helped Emily with some French homework and then she got a message from Sylvie that tomorrow will be a holiday for everyone due to some issues. The reason behind this action was not disclosed.

"Mindy. Guess what just happened? No work tomorrow. Yayy!"

"Wohoo! Today you got a half-day and the next day a holiday. Lucky you. I guess tomorrow is somekind of a holiday here."

As soon as she completed saying these words, Gabriel texted Emily.

"Hey! Are you free tomorrow? It's a holiday here. I was thinking maybe we all can go out somewhere. Maybe the new art installation near Champs Élysées. What do you think Em?"

"I think that's a great idea. Maybe you can cook lunch for us tomorrow."

"It will be my pleasure. Okay then it's decided. Tomorrow 1PM at my place."

"Technically today itself. It's 00:21 now."

"Oh yes yes. Sleep well. Bye."

"Good night xoxo"

Emily informed Mindy who was organising her China plates on the kitchen shelf about tomorrow's plan.

"Amazing. You know what I think?"

"What?"

"Leave it. You'll anyway say no even if I'm correct."

"What?", Emily really looks confused now." Say something. I will speak the truth I promise."

"I think you have a crush on Gabriel."

Mindy starts running around the bed as Emily is running to catch her. "I'll kill you Mindy."

(Both of them laughs)

Next day -

(Gabriel opens the door of his apartment)

"Taraaa! We're here. I hope we are not early.",says Mindy.

Gabriel hugs Emily and Mindy. "No no. Come in."

Emily presents a fresh bouquet of flowers to Gabriel. It was lily and carnations. Gabriel loves Lilies. "It's his absolute favourite" Emily recalls from a conversation she was having with Camille.

Camille arrives Gabriel's apartment after 10 mins.

"I'm sorry. I'm late. Was just caught up with one of my upcoming shoots with Harper's Bazaar magazine."

"No problem at all".Gabriel hugs Emily.

Narrator- I like the way Gabriel gives warm hugs to everyone. He is a hugger and I love it.

Emily and Camille talks about recent fashion trends and how Camille's mother always prefer 80's fashion.

"My mom absolutely digs and drools about 80's fashion.Michelle Pfeiffer and Catherine Deneuve are her style icons."

"Wow. So cool!"

* FaceTime from Lola*

"What is my best friend doing? Are you fucking someone? Or worse in love with someone?",Lola said at her grinning voice.

"What no way! I'm at Gabriel's apartment. He invited Camille,Mindy and me for lunch."

"That hot chef! Wow!!!"

Camille and Mindy laughs and Gabriel is ofcourse a little bit overwhelmed with this compliment.Lola speaks with all of them turn by turn and Emily wishes her all the best for her date.Lola wishes them a good day. After having pan-seared salmon and creme brulle made by Gabriel, the gang took the metro for the art installation. It was an immersive art experience.

Emily was amazed by the total experience of it.

"It's so beautiful. I can stare at this for hours. Gosh. It's gorgeous."

Mindy was engrossed and carefully reading the inspiration behind the artworks. Camille on the other hand was looking at the ceiling. She was looking at the stars. Camille grabbed Emily and Gabriel's hand and told them to look above.

"Look." Camille signalled to the ceiling with her eyes.

Both the spectators said"Wow."

It was now Emily,Camille and Gabriel who were looking at the stars above.

Emily sat with Gabriel on the floor and talked about how she loves stargazing and how it's nearly impossible to find a vacant spot in Atlanta.

Mindy and Camille went to the washroom together.

(Colour scheme of the space now - blue)

Emily was now spending some alone time with Gabriel. She was looking at his beautiful blue eyes. His eyes were like the ones of a dear, beautiful and calm yet you can't get anything unnoticed by from him. Emily started to look at his face very precisely following every detail of the god's beautiful creation called Gabriel Emily was totally convinced now that she was in love with him.

"Nobody's watching us now Gabriel. You can look at me now for as much long you want to see me. There's no one watching us now. I know you like me too just the way I like you. Just say it. Say it once. It'll never be the same anymore. The shyness can go then. I won't bite you if you hold my hands. I caught you staring my eyes during lunch. Don't feel embarassed now.", Emily said to herself thinking that Gabriel will soon look at her and hold her hands.

Gabriel took his hands near her hands. He took some courage and kept his hands on hers.
Emily was thinking that finally he has heard her heart's voice.

Emily leaned her head on Gabriel's shoulder and man those shoulders were strong. They didn't say anything for the next few minutes. Silence did all the talk.

"That was so fun! Thank you Gabriel for this amazing plan. I am totally blown away with the artworks. Wow!!!",said Mindy.

"Thank you to you wonderful ladies that you guys agreed with me."

"Mindy look.." Emily showed them a poster that was hung on the street. "Singing Superstar. A new reality show  to find the next global sensation. For more information about the auditions, visit our official website.",read Emily.

"I think you should totally audition for it."

"Yes Mindy. Your dream of becoming a singer will finally come true. Think about it Mindy. It's all you have wanted to do your entire life."

"I can give it a try I guess. Yes! Yes! I'm going to audition.", Mindy hugs Emily.

Mindy runs home to see the details of the reality show and Camille leaves soon as she receives a very important call from her modelling agency.

It was evening and Emily and Gabriel both were walking on one the most romantic streets of Paris. There was something different in the air there. Emily looked at him and Gabriel looked at her.

Gabriel asked Emily about her views about love and friendship. He eventually came to the point as told her-" I think I have feelings for you. You don't need to feel the same way. I just thought that you should know it."

Gabriel looked tensed as he couldn't figure out anything from looking at her face.This was all Emily was waiting to hear from him. Without thinking anything further, Emily kissed Gabriel on his lips. Gabriel held her closely and wished the evening never ends.

Emily was blushing and so was Gabriel. Emily smiles.

"I think I like you too Gabriel."

Emily said to herself "It was his charm. It was his smile. It was his personality. It was his eyes. God how can I forget his lips. And those dreamy eyes."

Gabriel kissed Emily on her cheeks and Emily hugged him.

"Good bye"

"Bye Emily. You have a good one there."

Both of them entered their respective apartments. Emily locked the apartment door and smiled thinking about today.

Narrator-Gabriel and Emily. Now that's the couple we stan. I was eagerly waiting for them to talk and express their feelings to each other. And it happened,with a kiss.Awww. Now what will be Camille,Lola and Mindy's reaction on the newest and hottest couple of the town?

Chapter 9 coming soon!! Stay tuned.