Chapter 13 - Let's get loud!

Emily arrives at Camille's apartment. She found that her apartment is locked. Emily calls Camille but she doesn't picks her call up. Emily called Mindy as she was very nervous.

"Hey. Sorry to disturb you but Camille told me to meet her and she's not in her apartment."

"What??", said Mindy.

"Her apartment is also locked. I'm seriously freaking out now. I hope she doesn't do something bad."

Emily is very nervous. She cares about her. So does Mindy and Gabriel. Emily texts Camille and to her surprise she texts back her to meet near the Seine.

Emily takes the cab and reaches near the river. She sees Camille sitting on a picnic cloth. She is drinking. She doesn't look well.

"Oh my god, Camille. Why weren't you picking up my calls.", Emily's voice breaks down. "I was so nervous that you have done something bad."

Emily hugs Camille. Teardrops falls from Camille's eyes as she is so very much happy that she has someone who cares about her,one who no-matter what is the time on the clock arrives infront of your doorstep, one who can tirelessly talk about shopping and famous American celebrities. That person is Emily.
Though Gabriel is her best friend from so many years, Camille is glad to get a woman by her side.

Emily checks on her phone and as her eyes glances on her mobile screen. She sees the text notification from Lola.

Lola - A surprise is coming on your way.

Emily - What surprise Lola??

Lola - SURPRISE! BE ready to get surprised!

One of the most important thing in Lola's life is to give surprises to people. Obviously only her close gang. Emily remembers one time Lola surprised her with a 10 layer chocolate cake that she made on their  friendversary.

"What happened Em?"

"Nothing. It's just Lola. She texted me that a surprise is on the way."

"That's great." Camille opens another bottle of beer. It's her 5th.

Emily takes the bottle and keeps it beside her.

"You have had enough. Please don't drink more. I don't want your beautiful face to become all red and crinkly."

Camille laughs. "What do you think Emily, is there someone waiting to with me?"

Emily is quite.

"It's so difficult to forget that you had someone so special in your life and no longer that person is near you. Fuck man. Life's cruel".

Camille grabs Emily's hand and rests her head on her shoulder. Emily couldn't move. She thought in this alien land , she has someone. Someone so close to her -  emotionally. It doesn't take a single second to think about Gabriel.

It's getting dark now. The sun is setting. The air is getting windy now.
Camille's beautiful hair is all ruffled now. The wind is going through her hair. Emily takes her hands towards Camille's face and she untangles her hair from near her eyes.

It's all quite now.

Camille leans forward Emily and she kisses her. Emily is dumbfounded. She doesn't know what to do. Emily leans back to kiss her too.

Narrator - Oh shite. It's like one of the most romantic things ever that happened near the Seine.

"Oh,I'm so sorry."

Camille is all shaken up now. "What the fuck did I just did. I'm so sorry."

Emily is just looking at her. She's like why are you doing this? Didn't you just liked what we did. Camille wraps her belongings and anyhow wear her heels and walks away. Here's Emily again thinking what to do next.

"Did you what? Omg."

"Yes. I don't know what happened at that moment. I'm nervous. I really liked her. And maybe I'm having feelings for Camille. Poor Camille, she has gone through a lot. I don't want to hurt her again. "

Mindy looks at her worrying. But she doesn't say her anything.

"What happens if Gabriel knows about it.??"

Emily gasps. " I don't think he has to know about it right Mindy. Yes. Gabriel doesn't have to know anything about this. All of this happened due to a momentary impulse action. I'm sure it was just the setting and the weather. I guess Camille has already forgotten what happened between us. Yes."

"Whatever you want to do, I'm with you. Follow your heart. You should know that you shouldn't hurt anyone or anyone's feelings in the process."

Emily is up all night thinking about it. Camille is gone full MIA. She isn't talking nor picking her calls from Emily. Emily reconciles herself that it takes time when it comes to matters of the heart.

Few days later Gabriel knocks their apartment at midnight.

"What happened at this hour Gabriel?",asks Mindy.

"I'm just here to say a bad news. I can't be here for your final night. I'm so sorry Mindy. I've to urgently go to Normandy. There are some legal issues with one of my aunt's house. She is so old and she barely can see. I've to go and handle everything there."

"Oh no. I hope It'll be all good."

Emily can't believe that Gabriel will not be there on Mindy's final night. That means it'll be Camille and Emily alone on the audience. Again!

Gabriel kisses Emily and tells her that he'll be in touch. Gabriel wishes Mindy best of luck and promises to watch from the television.

"Hey! Anyhow do you have any idea why Camille's not replying to any of my texts?"

No. I guess she has just forgotten to reply back. Everything's okay Em, don't worry."

Gabriel wishes them goodnight and boards the cab that was waiting for him all the while.

"It's the final night guys.... OMG. Yayyy!! I know Mindy is gonna win this competition. All the best Mindy. You're gonna kill it on stage today.", Emily says it to Mindy. Camille and Emily are in the backstage to cheer her up.

"God I'm so nervous! I'm going next. Believe me ,Arthur is killing it now. He's a tough competition. "

"Don't worry Mindy. Just go there and sing with all your heart out. It's the moment you have been waiting for." ,says Camille.

"Thank you so much!"

Camille and Emily walks to their respective seats. It's the first time they are seeing each other after that incident on the Seine River.

"Ladies and gentlemen. It's time for our next performance. Please welcome with a huge round of applause, Mindy Chen."

"Mindy! Mindy! Mindy! That's my girl! You're gonna win it.", cheers Emily.

Mindy starts her performance. She's singing Shallow by Lady Gaga. And god, she killed it.

The entire audience bursts with claps and applause.

"It's now time for the results. All the best Mindy.", says Emily.

Chapter 14 coming soon! :-)