3. Getting familiar a life without parents

Jana

1914/6/30

So I woke up the two days ago from voice of those rockets... They were not for the New Year... The enemies did bomb the Britain, they started the air strikes. Mother died on that night because of flu I did not believed that her flu would be so dangerous!!... When she last time spoke with me she was little bit weird looking, and daddy died because of those bombings. I am not in our home because it crushed down. I am living at shelter (meant for those who did lost their home during bombings). I am wondering that where Matei is?? Why is not he at here telling me that everything will be okay at one day. I haven't heard anything from him since two days.

What will I DO, I almost lost everything during those bombings, also both of my parents are dead now!!! I do miss them so so much, I think this is some kind of my fault because I was angry for them and didn't say that I am so sorry. I do think that it would be easier that die than struggle at here, but I think that Matei will not be happy if I do so. I think that I lost my parents with no good reason, they deserved just so much more days and years than they got. Life is so unfair, there was so many plans for me and my boyfriend and no they all might be destroyed. Who knows when he comes back to home if he even does, and the home will be then. 

Actually I am not save if I do write this at here, some enemy would come in see this and shot me. I had just got this diary book for Christmas. I did not wish anything for Christmas when I knew that there is some money problems. Matei gave that necklace for me for Christmas. He said ' Dear Jana I will give this necklace for you as memory from me, that everytime when you see this necklace, please remember me. If we don't collide anymore just hold the necklace and I will be at your heart, please don't forgive me.'  

If I do think that sentence now I realize that he knew, he already knew that he would need to leave. He knew that this country was going to war. But he was unable to say a word from the thing... He always knew when I was not okay, that was the thing I loved the most from him. 

A/N

The photo of necklace that Matei gave for Jana. Just imagine that Jana's hair are burning red <3

- Gracie