Chapter 22 - Kitchen

One. Rule. You already know what it is you horny idiots.

Belle's Pov

I averted my gaze from Leo's and poured the rest of the flour into the bowl.

As much as I'd like to claim I didn't want, to hear his answer. I did.

But that would mean accepting whatever was about to leave his mouth. And I just wasn't ready for that.

After a couple minutes he dropped some flour onto my top and I went to wash it off, then returned to where I was working.

I could have forgotten about it but he was wearing a black top, so it would look ridiculous with flour poured on it.

So I slowly dipped my hands into the flour, grabbing a handful of it. As he was distracted with cracking the eggs. I chucked it over his front.

I think it took a second for him to process what I had done before he got even more flour and chucked it over me.

Oh yeah I see where this was going. I repeated what I did a couple minutes before and then we were in a full blown flour fight.

The group were in stitches watching us, I threw my head back laughing, getting drenched in flour.

It flew every which way, towards my face and all over the floor.

Before he could grab the whole bag and do some genuine damage... I tapped out on the counter. He smiled in victory before looking down at our clothes. Lovely.

"Nice one guys." Julia remarked and I flipped her off.

Leo laughed and wiped off as much flour as he could from his top before I nudged him in his side and he rolled those green eyes.

After a bit of cleaning up we continued working on our cakes. Beth and Oli had finished their one. Julia and David on the other hand.... had barely started.

So they excluded themselves from the competition and were munching on cookies at the counter. Leaving behind another delightful mess, for me to clean up.

Me and Beth put our tins into the oven and we got a round of applause from the group, since we were the only ones who tried.

"Should we... go back to yours Oli?" Beth raised her eyebrows in question and Oli nodded, grabbing Beth's bag off the rack.

"How about everyone meets back here for dinner and we can taste test the cakes then, to decide the winner?" I suggested and they all agreed.

Julia and David left shortly after Beth and Oli did. David had plans to meet Jack, Isaac and Kaylee and so Julia tagged along. I wasn't really in the mood...

Well because... because? Okay fine. If your insisting I tell you then, fine.

Leo didn't feel like going out anywhere, and so neither did I.

God that's pathetic. Following him around like a stupid puppy.

I continued to wash the rest of the dishes when Leo came up behind me.

"Can I?" He motioned towards the tap and I moved to the side so he could wash his hands. Slowly rolling up his sleeves, revealing those hands.

Hands. They are just hands you idiot.

"Princess." I transported back to the present when he stood straight and dried his hands. Taking one of the dishes I was holding. And just... removing it from my hand. Placing it on the counter.

Every movement was extremely slow. Almost as if he planned this out in his head.

"Everything okay, Maxwell?" He rubbed a thumb over his bottom lip and looked directly at me. Green clashing with brown.