𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫

A/N: just wanted to cover up some things in xavier's pov on a few of the chapters SO this chapter may be a mess

Xavier and Amara's first meeting

Guilt is a familiar feeling to me. It was like a shadow following me in the dark for the past five years, never leaving. The cycle was repetitive; thinking of all the things I could've done to save her. All the things I could've done to take revenge.

My mothers passing was the hardest thing I've ever been through. Draining me constantly. Waking up from nightmares about that night. Seeing her blood. Seeing her eyes, watching the life being drained from them right in front of me.

Mother love is the strong love that we can fall into when we are stressed, stretched, uncertain, and feeling like we just can't handle what's happening in our life. Mother love is  love we can retreat into, feel held by, move through our deepest fears with.

For five years I've been doing it alone.

I know I have my sister but worrying her is the least thing I wanted to do. My mothers passing affected her majorly. Yet she still smiles but I can see right through the act.

Of course I was there for her whenever she needed me. We only have each other after all.

My sister has been my only priority. Her happiness before mine.

I know I haven't been the best brother for the past five years but it's just hard. I'm trying. Theres only so little I could do though.

She needed her mother when she couldn't talk to me about things I wouldn't understand. Believe me I tried too but I don't understand shit about these stupid 'girl talks.'

"Don, we're here." My driver spoke from the front seat. I wouldn't driven myself to the venue but I was in a rush since I just came back from a business trip.

Today is the day I meet my future wife. This whole marriage is complete bullshit. I only agreed because it wouldn't hurt to have one extra alliance. The man seemed desperate about it anyways.

At first I said no. Then he begged. And then he offered me his daughter which caught my attention because who would willingly give up their own daughter to a stranger? It got me wondering what shit this fucker got himself into so I agreed.

"Wait here." I ordered him and opened the car door.

He nodded his head firmly as I got out of the car. Two of my men were waiting outside and when they saw me, they nodded their heads respectfully as I passed them.

I fucking hate these things. I shouldn't of hosted it here Goddamn it.

Twisting the handle, I opened the buildings door and walked in, my men on either side of me. The room dropped silent upon my arrival as I took long strides towards the the opposite end of the ball, where Alessiandro was. Bastard. The sound of my shoes hitting the floor echoed into the silent room as I slid my hands into my pockets.