Chapter 7: Phase 3 x Trick Tower x #301

Netsu POV

We went down the airship as bean, the chairman's secretary started explaining how we are supposed to do phase three.  I snickered remembering the four reaction when they woke up, Killua was a blushing mess when he found himself getting cuddled by Gon while Kurapika and Leorio just look them with a meaningful smile.

"This is the site of hunter exam third phase of the hunter exam. Your goal is to go to the bottom of the tower alive within 72 hours. And with that, the third phase of the Hunter exam has now begun!" The bean said, then he walked off to who knows where again. How did he disappear like that?.

I noticed Gon and the others looking down at the edge of the tower. I was about to walk up toward them when the floor below me opened, sucking me inside.

I landed on my feet seeing Hisoka and #301 is also in the room, great, my luck sure is great. Getting the 2 most dangerous guys in my team, how wonderful.

In the middle of the room is a watch. I went to put it on, noticing that the other had one on as well.

"My hello Netsu~" Hisoka greeted.

"Mmh" I replied looking at #301

"I'm Gittarackur," The Pin guy replied, it seems he would be easier to talk to than Hisoka.

"Netsu, What are we doing next?" I ask Gittarackur, both of us ignoring Hisoka. It seems like we might get along just fine.

"Click O to open the door and X to close the door,"

I nodded, all 3 of us clicked O, and the door opened. We went inside the room seeing another sign printed on the brick wall. I conjured up my reading glasses and put them on the reading board.

"I didn't know you needed reading glasses~," Hisoka said, noticing the glasses. I ignore his remarks and look at the sign, reading it silently. Your team will have to choose option A or B. If one of your teammates died, all of you are disqualified. Well, I'm lucky to have strong teammates I guess. Option A is to fight with the prisoners and Option B is to solve puzzles in the tower

All of us chose option A and proceeded inside the door seeing 6 people more like criminals standing. Below us are stairs leading down to an arena.

"Hello, I am Lippo, the examiner for the third phase. How this works is that an applicant will fight 2 prisoners and you have to kill the other." The examiner's voice rang throughout the room. "Please choose an applicant to go first,"

"Who would like to go first~," Hisoka asked

I look at Gittarackur, he shrugs his shoulders and goes up to the arena

"I'll be the last doll~," Hisoka said and I nodded in response.

I look at Gittarackur and his 2 opponents in the arena. After the fight starts, Gittarackur dodges both of his opponent's knife attacks. He took out his pins and successfully killed his opponent while the other unfortunately dodged his attacks. Gittarackur's remaining opponent continued to try to cut him with the knife in his hand, after a few moments of dodging the attack, he finally gave Gittarackur a small cut on his hand. With the opportunity, Gittarackur took out his pin and stabbed it into his opponent's head. Killing the poor man instantly.

"Impressive," I commented faintly but it seemed not quite enough since his figure stiffened for a second and returned back to normal. Never been complimented before? Another traumatized man? There sure are a lot of people who are traumatized here in the hunter exam.

"Your next doll~," Hisoka said.

"Mmh," I sounded and went up into the arena.

I look at the two bodies on the ground and kick them to the side so they wouldn't get in the way. I'm not disrespecting them, but what am I supposed to do? Cut the bodies into pieces, burn the pieces, and keep their ashes so I could sell them? If someone said yes then... I would probably do that not gonna lie.