Chapter 8: Zevil Island x Otouto!? X Hibernation

Netsu POV

I woke up to the sound of doors opening and closing. Opening my eyes I look at the clock...5 hours remaining. I walked around the small room trying to find Gon, Killua, Kurapika and Leorio but unfortunately, I was unable to find them. They must not have arrived yet.

Crang

My eyes shot open, feeling a shake coming from my wristband. Ahhh...It seems Lilith and Seth are mad that I'm not letting them out. Sometimes my wristband would shake, showing that my little friends are bored inside their enclosure.

Sitting down, I took them out of the wristband as both of them landed on my lap. I ignore the stares of the other participants, probably wondering where my little friends came from.

"Hey," I greeted

"Caw," Lilith flew onto my head as she sat on my hair comfortably.

"Ssss," Seth nodded as he slid into my hood, curling himself around my neck for warmth.

Do they seriously just come out to use me as a pillow? Gosh... My hands wandered on Lilith's soft fur, her body is like a normal raven, black while her eyes are shining grey.

"Ssssss," Seth hissed, earning my attention. I rubbed his smooth ebony scales, soothing him as he continued to fall asleep. I took my headphones out and listened to music then conjured my book and reading glasses. I put my glasses on and started reading my book, using it to pass time.

-

I shut my eyes for a second after the book ended.

The novel is extremely captivating. It's about a brunette named Scott who is captured and taken to a research facility. He intends to flee the lab alongside his new companion after undergoing various experiments. Throughout this time, he met and fell in love with Ethan, another boy inside the lab, and the pair begin dating. They were able to break free after a long period of confinement in the laboratory. But, before they could escape the laboratory, Scott fell into the ocean while protecting a friend from a gunshot. Ethan and his other friends were later rescued by the authorities and returned to normal society. And the book ended, fun isn't it?  

Romance usually isn't my thing but I'm just reading it for the plot and angst.

(A/N: This is actually not a real book, it's just some story I have thought of when I was bored.)

-

"Finally you're here!" I noticed Gon, Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio coming into the room. I quickly conjured my book and reading glasses away as I went up the four of them while Tonpa quickly escaped.

"Netsu!" Gon and Killua greeted me with the same lively tone they always have, "Your eye!" Both of them exclaims pointing at my left eye, oh, I forgot to cover it. I chuckle nervously, Oh well, no harm in showing them I guess?

"Your hands," I notice, seeing their dirty fingers. What did they go through to get their clothes and hands so messy?

"Hello Netsu," Kurapika said, I raised my eyebrow hearing a worried tone in his voice. "I was wondering where you were 3 days ago because you suddenly disappeared,"

"Sorry about that. There was a trapdoor below me and I accidentally fell into it," I explained.

"Oh! I-" Gon said but was cut by a hiss from Seth who was awake due to the loud noise. "Hissss,"

"Oh right. This is my friends, Seth and Lilith," I said, showing Seth and gesturing to the raven on my head.

"Caw!" Lilith greeted as she flew on Killua's head. Comfortably laying down at the softness of his hair. She huddled inside, it seems like she had decided to make Killua her new nest.