Chapter 9: Rest x Before x Last phase

Netsu POV

I sat in the ship's corner, leaning against the vessel's sidewall. I've already emerged from my hole and am on my way to the boat, trailed by Illumi. The last day has arrived, and I haven't seen any of my friends or otouto in that time. It could be because I spend all of my time underground.

"Netsu-nii"

"Killua?" I heard my name mentioned and turned to look at the source of the voice, observing a snowy-haired boy approaching me. "Hey,"

We waited for a couple of more minutes, as I and Killua started to converse about random stuff and he started telling me how he got his tag. I must say, I am impressed by how he tricked Hanzo and the way he handled the situation.

"Your luck sure is good," Killua remarked when I told him how I handled my attacker, "I have to wander around the forest for a couple of hours to find my target," He put his hand behind his back as he leaned down onto the wall as well.

A while later, the boat that was about to take off, I saw Gon and my other friends making their entrance right at the last moment. I sigh in relief, shaking my head in wonder. They always came right at the last minute.

-

"Netsu-nii!" As we boarded the airship, Gon approached me.

"How are you doing, Gon? What happened?" you might wonder. Seeing his puffy cheeks, I inquired. I summoned some of my herbs and applied them to Gon's damaged cheeks, causing him to wince. "Stay put..."

"Thanks! Oh, um-" Gon was about to say anything when the announcement rang, requesting me to come to the chairman's office. I grumbled, staring back and forth between the injured Gon and the path to the chairman's room, hesitant to leave.

"I think you should go! I don't want you to be late!" Gon said, pushing me down the corridor. He waves his hand at me and smiles, but I can't help but frown somewhat since I don't see Gon's regular smile on his face.

"Are you-"

"I am! Now quickly go before you're late!" Gon shouted ushering me to quickly go. I helplessly sigh and reluctantly went to the Netero office, glancing behind at times.

Coming to the front of the room I knocked on the door and went in. "Ah, come in, come in. I have matters to discuss with you," Netero said as I closed the door and went to sit on the opposite side of him. "Well, Netsu, are you ready?"

No, I just want to check in on Gon to see if he's okay. "Mmh," I answered indifferently, fiddling with my bangs, pulling them back to conceal my eyes a little further, slightly uneasy.

"Can you tell me why you want to be a hunter?" Netero questions.

"There are a lot of perks, like travel and everything," I shrugged.

"All well," Netero continued. "Can you tell me who you're keeping an eye on?"

"In a good or negative way?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Killua, Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio would be a good way since I don't want them to get hurt, however, the other applicants would be a bad way because they are not my friends and might become my enemies at any time.

He said, "Think whatever you want."

"Everyone. After all, they're all hunter applicants that made it to the final round, and each of them has their own distinct personality traits and fighting style," Netero grinned as he continued to scribble in his journal.

"Can you ultimately rank somebody you'd like to fight the least?" Netero interrogated.

"I'd choose Gon and Killua first since they're my otouto, followed by Kurapika and Leorio because they're my comrades." Before responding, I pondered for a moment. "...A.k.a. #405 and #99 come first, followed by #403 and #404," I clarified, after all, they only use numbers to call us so I'm not sure if they know our names or not. 

"Hmm, interesting, interesting," Netero murmured, stroking his mustache and appearing to be completely unconcerned. "Now leave," he said as he ushered me out of his office. I stepped outside the room and circled the airship in search of Gon and the others. After several turns, I spotted Kurapika and Gon discreetly discussing some issues.

"Netsu-nii!" Once Gon saw me, he exclaimed. I nodded, wiping a tear from Gon's face with my hand.

"What's the matter?" I said this while stooping at Gon's level and making eye contact with the pain in his eyes. 

As I look at Kurapika, Gon says, "Um..ah."

"You don't have to tell me," I said genuinely, hugging the boy tightly. I could feel his shoulders trembling as I patted him on the back, not knowing what to say, I continued to hug the boy as his hold on my clothes started to get tighter. You don't have to tell me, but I can just look at what happened.

I froze slightly as I search his memories on the Zevil island. 

I close my eyes after seeing the memories, afraid of letting the two see the murderous look in my eyes...Hisoka that clown...I would LOVE to KILL that PSYCHOPATH.

After some time, the hug was broken off as Gon look up at me. "Thanks a lot! I feel so much better!" Gon exclaimed with his usual enthusiasm. Gon looked at Kurapika who was standing still and playfully took me and him into a big surprise hug startling both of us.

"...Let's stop here," Kurapika said, dropping the hug after a couple of minutes while I stayed silent. 

"Hehe," Gon grinned childishly. I look at Gon with a happy smile, seeing him back to his old self as he runs off, "Let's go to Killua and Leorio!" He said, I and Kurapika nodded our heads and headed to the cafeteria.

Arriving at the Cafeteria, Gon quickly went up to sit with Killua and started eating dinner. Before entering the cafeteria, I hold onto Kurapika sleeves gaining his attention. "A long time since you have a hug too?"

"...yeah," Kurapika smiles, chuckling slightly as he glances at his hands. His face turned a little pink. making me chuckle.

"You're not the only one," I said walking towards the table, holding his hands. "Let's go shall we?"

-

After a few hours, I became increasingly irritated, not because my friends were chatting, but because I could sense a few pairs of eyes staring at me, preventing me from sleeping peacefully. When I turned around, Illumi and Hisoka were staring at me. When our gazes met, Illumi averted his gaze, while Hisoka grinned. These two...

A few minutes later, Bean entered the room and announced that we would be getting a room for the night and that it would be in pairs. Leorio is with Kurapika, and Killua is with Gon. It also appears that the others have received their pairs as well.

"#72, do you not have a partner?" Bean asks, noticing that I'm the only one left.

"I do not, I can just sleep in-"

"He can-" Hisoka said but I quickly stepped on his foot making him yelp.

" I'll be staying with Gon and Killua, I'm sure they won't mind," I said calmly, looking at Bean.

"Great!" Bean said, leading Hisoka and Illumi to their room. I could see the disappointment in both Illumi and Hisoka's eyes, well, I'm definitely not sleeping with a pedophile, no thank you.

After they left I went to the sofa in the dining room and decided to camp there. Why not? It's better than staying in a room with a pedophile and I have no clue where Gon and Killua went. Both of them probably are exploring the airship or having a pillow fight in their room for sure, I mean. 

I conjured a pillow and my blanket as the lights were turned off. I huddled inside my sheets, giving my pillow a quick hug before falling asleep. 

A/N: I just notice that my Oc is a fan of sleeping. Well, might be because I am one as well. Anyways, thank you for reading my story! 
So for the past few weeks, I won't be updating pretty frequently because somehow my school decides to have an exam in the first couple of weeks after winter break and decide to host 4 big projects that work as a final grade...I really want to die. 
But don't worry, I'll still be updating my story. Chapter 10 is currently in process of writing so see y'all in the next chapter! Goodbye, my lovely readers!