Chapter 23: Arm Wrestling Scam

"Hey! Stay still!" Leorio shouted, slowly applying the medicines onto the scar and wounds before bandaging it up for the ravenette who is casually laying on the bed as if nothing has happened. Last night, both Gon and Killua found their older companion, slouching on the couch with wounds on his body. Looking both distressed and weary as he passed out, somehow forgot to take off his formal attire. At the very least, his clothes aren't that drench from last night's stormy weather or else they'll have a whole bucket of laundry to top it off in their to-do list for the day.

"Yeah...yeah..." Netsu sounded, yawning as he stayed still for a while, looking away from the window due to the sunlight. "Someone turn off the sun,"

"Bakaa! What were you doing last night!" Killua huffed, trying to hit Netsu's head who swiftly dodged it making the punch land right at Leorio who jolted up from the impact. Meanwhile, Gon just stares at his nii-chan with a worried gaze which earns a reassuring head pat from the older male who lets out a small huff.

"Don't be like that, I'm okay," Netsu assured, pink tainted cheeks as he rubbed the back of his neck. Still not very used to the affections and worriness that he's receiving from his comrades.

"You-!" The not-so-young-looking male yelled, gritting his teeth as he scolded the teenage boy who just stuck out his tongue before turning back to dressing Netsu's wounds. "There! Just don't let it catch on water," He said, giving a Netsu a mental note before putting all of the equipment back into his trusty suitcase.

"Thanks," Netsu nodded, looking at the newly dressed wound. He went inside the bathroom to take off his clothes and change them into more comfortable, casual clothes.

Sitting down next to Leorio, Netsu handed a bag of chips to the two teens as he started listening to their conversation about 'how to make money,'. "What-?! You guys have been earning money by arm wrestling?!..what a con," Netsu muttered, feeling a bit bewildered on the inside as he started sipping onto his hot chocolate.

"Well! We are doing it quite well!" Gon said, trying to lighten up the mood a bit.

"At least it's better than outright stealing from a mafia underground auction like some idiot," Killua muttered quietly, making sure that his remark reached the boy across from him who paid no mind to the comment.

"Currently we have a diamond worth 3 million, 2.4 million in leftover cash, also 2.75 million Jennies we made from arm wrestling, and also the 1 billion Jennies from Netsu's credit card. That gives us a total of around 1 billion and 8 million Jennies," Leorio calculated, giving them a serious face. "We need to turn this into at least 9 billion, the minimum opening bid for greed island. I do not see how we can manage through legitimate channels," He sighs, scratching his head, a small sigh escaping his lips. His hand is placed below his chin to support it, acting like he's pondering about something.

Legitimate channels you say...Netsu narrowed his eyes, surely the arm wrestling scam you guys are doing are 'legitimate' channels. I found my methods so much easier...if it's not for another group of nen users targeting the auction goods as well...

"All the challengers toward the end were sore losers that are desperately trying for revenge," Killua commented, putting his hand behind his back as he munched onto the last bits of his chip.

With an evil smirk, Leorio grins. "That's fine. That was my goal,"

"Huh?" The two sounded while Netsu just casually drank his cup of hot chocolate from the corner, not really participating in the discussion but also listening...well..some of it.

So basically Oreo's purpose here is to gain more attention so that they can catch bigger fishes...idiotic but it will work...somehow.

-