Chapter 21: Ging...?

"Oh...I see," Killua mumbled as the trio sat down together, examining the mysterious box that Gon had gotten from his Aunt last night. "So this is the box,"

"Yeah, and from what Gon learned last night. His dad's name is Ging and the only thing he left behind is this mysterious box and a small lil baby...what a fabulous father indeed!" Netsu sarcastically exclaimed before laying back on the pillow.

"Hehe," Gon chuckled slightly before looking back at Killua.

"Hm...huh?" Killua sounded as he observed the box, holding the box up into the air as he looked around it, trying to find any entrance. "How do you open it?"

"Yeah, I tried a bunch of ways but it wouldn't open," Gon sighed as Netsu snatch the box away from Killua, looking at it to see some familiar symbols on the metal plate, after all, he thought he saw this kind of symbols in one of the books he has read before.

Hissing, Killua quickly snatched it back with a grin on his face, seeing how he was able to easily get it back. "Mind if I use a bit of force?" Killua question.

"Go ahead," Gon replied nonchalantly, shrugging as both him and Netsu looked at Killua who held onto the box tightly, trying his best to break the box down with a force that didn't even budge no matter how many times Killua tried.

Letting out a frustrated shout, Netsu chuckled at the sight, earning a glare from the snow-haired teenager. "Shut it, I'll see if you can do it any better!" Killua hissed, throwing the box to Netsu who caught it with ease.

"If you don't mind me," Netsu murmured as he started activating his nen. Suddenly, blue light started to shine inside the box as the whole box began to break down and shake violently before the whole box exploded into small metal pieces. "Seriously...you guys forgot to use nen," Netsu deadpanned, as they looked at the object in Netsu's hand.

"All that and It's just another box..." Gon mumbled, slightly in disappointment, earning a small head pat from the older male.

Handing the box back to Gon who gratefully took it while Killua just huffed. The ravenette picks up the piece of metal, flipping it and showing it to the two boys. With an expected smirk, Netsu said "This design...isn't it quite interesting?"

"Ah! I remembered! This is like the pattern of the promised thread Mr.Wing," Gon exclaimed.

"Wasn't that design meant to snap if nen was used? I bet this pattern held a power similar to nen," Killua observed, holding onto a piece of the metal plate.

"Correct," Netsu hummed, secretly putting one of the pieces inside his wristband.

"Maybe we are supposed to put the card here," Gon spoke up, looking at the box in his hand before taking out his hunter licence, putting it in the entrance of the box before a slight gold glow flashed as the box opened up.

"It worked!" The two boys chorused as they cheered at the success.

"A ring, a cassette tape...and a memory card?" The two murmured as they looked at the object that was neatly placed inside the box.

"Huh? I never saw a memory card this old..." Netsu hummed, holding onto the third item as he examined it. "I think it's even older than our age added up together,"

Picking up the ring, Killua starts examining it. "That pattern is in the back of the ring...You should be careful before you put it in," Killua warned, placing the ring back down into the box carefully.

"Really...? You think that Ging might try to do something to me?"

"No offense Gon, but a father who abandoned his child is kinda...irresponsible, unstable, is probably an idiot and just...untrustworthy," Netsu muttered, crossing his arms while Gon pouted. "Anyways, you guys do whatever, I'm going out,"