Chapter 15: Parting Ways

Netsu wanders around the empty corridor, this time alone, looking for a place to run. He is currently playing tag with Kalluto, and nen is permitted, making things much easier. Netsu has completely stopped wearing his eye patch since arriving here because, first, there is no harm in doing so, and second, this place is extremely dangerous, and having the ability to use another eye will be hugely helpful.

When he unintentionally walked into a training room once, he accidentally trip over a trap and was nearly struck in the face by a sword. Even though he didn't wear his eyepatch, most people, particularly the butlers and maids, couldn't see his features very well, possibly because he only wore his hood and his bangs covered most of his eyes.

His left eye quickly turns red as his body fades away, sensing a presence behind him.

"He vanished again," Kalluto muttered as she emerged from the shadows, looking around before sprinting off to the other corridor in search of Netsu.

'Perhaps I should stop bullying her,' Netsu thought. His nen ability allows him to remain invincible which has allowed him to be able to avoid being tagged for the past hour. 'Does this count as cheating?' Netsu wondered.

It's been a week since Netsu arrived at Zoldyck's house, and he still hasn't been able to visit Killua or find him anywhere. He also hasn't heard anything about Gon or his other friends. He tried to follow Milluki during the night and afternoon since he looked pretty suspicious, but he was eventually caught by Illumi or Kalluto mid-way.

Each day went much more normally than Netsu would have expected while staying at the Zoldyck estate. He is aware that objects and everything weigh a lot, but everything is peaceful. Milluki and Illumi don't require assassin training and don't have missions, so Netsu was able to spend a lot of time with them. While Kalluto is still working, she has a lot of downtimes. But what he notices is that first, Milluki would act pretty suspicious and would sneak to somewhere in the estate, Illumi would usually stay in his room or outside while Kalluto would follow her mother almost everywhere.

Netsu's body begins to reappear 5 minutes later as he walks in the opposite direction of Kalluto into the dining hall, waiting for lunch. He ignored the presence behind him because he already knew who it was.

"Tag!" Kallisto said as she rested her hand on Netsu's shoulder. "Netsu-nii, let's play later," she said as she noticed the other family members begin to enter the room and take their seats.

"Mmh," Netsu sounded as she dashed to her seat after he stroked her hair. After a week, Kalluto's actions and words clearly show that she is growing fond of Netsu. Netsu doesn't mind if she calls him Netsu-nii because her brother does, and she's cute. She's very cute once you get to know her, but she can also be very dangerous.

-

Netsu is currently standing outside Silva's room, waiting for Killua to come.

What caused this to happen? Netsu is led to Silva's room shortly after lunch, and Silva begins to speak about Killua. Finally, Netsu realizes that the real goal of the conversation is for Silva to let Killua go and be free so that Killua can see the world. Only if Netsu promised Killua wouldn't perish. Of course, Netsu agrees; he would never abandon his friends or otouto. NEVER. He went outside the room to meet Killua as he entered, and he decided to wait outside until the two father and son finished their conversation.

"Hello Kalluto-chan," Netsu said as she surfaced from her hiding place.

"...and you're leaving..." Netsu could clearly hear the disappointment in Kalluto's voice as she spoke with her face hidden behind her sleeves.

"Mmh," Netsu said as he approached the young girl, conjuring a paper in the shape of a 3D sakura and placing it on her ear next to the butterfly that sat on her lovely flower crown. The young girl hid her face beneath her paper fan, but her reddened ear was visible. 'Is she having a fever?' Netsu thought, oblivious to the girl's flushed face.