Chapter 25: Fever

By the time he came back to the motel, it was already afternoon. Getting any information on where Gon and Killua are from the drunk two old men ain't really going to work. Opening his phone, he looks at the location on both Gon and Killua's phones via GPS that he installed.

Netsu mentally praises himself for putting on a safety tracker on both of their phones first. He's not a stalker, totalling no wayyyyyy.

"EHAH! NETSUUUUU~~~ Where are ya going? Why don't you drink with us for a bit~?!" Leorio sang out, clumsily handing Netsu the alcohol while the boy face palmed himself in the face.

He's having a headache and running a fever. The only adult here is drunk with another stranger while two small boys are tracking down two phantom troupe members for money...he really wants to kill himself. How did he know these idiots?

Looking at the time on his phone, he let out a reluctant groan, putting on a new hood that is not covered in blood. It seems like he's the only one who could check on the kids right now.

Handing the drink back to Leorio and calming the urge to just punch Leorio to make him fall asleep. Netsu disappeared out of the room into a fog of mist. He didn't forget to throw his bloody jacket onto Leorio first though, maybe the smell of blood could wake the man up from his drunkard state.

When he opened his eyes again, Netsu found himself on a rooftop of an abandoned building, when his body landed on the platform, Netsu could hear the sound of a small hush noise coming from his left. Looking at the source of voice, he saw Gon, wide eyes as he looked at him.

Thankfully Netsu already uses zetsu so no one notices him. "N-netsu-nii! How are you here?" Gon questions, his voice low as he holds onto his phone, probably on call with Killua.

"Netsu-nii is here?!" the voice of the white hair teenager came from the phone. Yep, definitely Killua.

After a small surprise, the three continue to their tracks, Netsu's eyes narrow slightly as he notices who the two they are following were. Machi and that old samurai man...

"I told you I put a tracker in your phone for safety, I was worried...very," Netsu spoke out, mumbling the last part to himself in risk of not embarrassing himself. He looked around their surroundings, despite the urge to just drag the kids back home and rest, Netsu decided against it. "Do you guys notice how we are running to a secluded place?" Netsu questions, snapping the two childrens from their daze.

"Did we get caught?" Gon mumbled, looking around while Killua on the other side frowned in response.

"They might...but should we continue to follow them?" Killua said from the phone.

Netsu shakes his head. "I'm not here to make a decision for you, you guys do it yourself. I'm just here because I'm worried you guys will get in trouble,"

"Oh right, Netsu-nii..." Gon voices out, his tone laced with worries. "I notice that your face is kinda red...do you have a fever?"

"Is it that noticeable now?" Netsu muttered. Looking back at Gon whose eyes are staring at him like a drooping puppy who's waiting for an honest answer, Netsu clears his throat and looks away. "I-I'm a bit sick...it might get worse later but right now I'm healthy-huh?" Netsu's eyes widened, his body instinctively holding onto his trident as he looked at the building that is at the back...weird, he definitely felt eyes on him a second ago.

"Are you okay? Should we go back instead?" Gon said, looking back at his phone.

"I'm okay...I just feel like someone was following us. Guess I was being paranoid," Netsu said in response, rubbing his temple slightly. "Maybe I'm a bit daze from the fever,"