The Secret's Out

Deeks's POV:

Today was boring. So boring in fact, that all I was doing was spinning on my chair, whistling.

"Will you shut up!?" Sam asked beside me. "And stop spinning on your chair!"

"Actually Sam," I began, lecturing him, "I have you know that spinning on my chair actually helps me concentrate. I come up with some great ideas and descriptions when writing down my notes on my paperwork you know"

"Just shut up Deeks" sam said grouchy.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" I joked, leaning towards my laptop. I smiled and looked past my screen to see Kensi, my beautiful partner, typing and clicking away on hers, trying not to laugh. "Glad I'm not the only one who finds this funny" I said sarcastically, as Kensi paused and stared up at me.

"His humour is great by the way" Kensi said, which also sounded sarcastic, and Callen and Sam both stared at eachother before turning our heads at us. I continued in silence, before making my way up to ops to see if there was a new case. I checked the time in my watch, it was 2:40pm.

"That's great, a chill afternoon I suppose. Hey Nell? I gotta go do something real quick, I'll be back soon. Cover for me" I asked her a favour.

"What? No, Deeks, why?"

"I promise I'll explain later, it's urgent!" I said, walking backwards out of ops and pointing.

"Deeks!" Nell yelled, but I carried on walking down to the bullpen. I grabbed my phone and keys and went to leave.

"Where are you going?" Kensi asked, leaning back on her chair and crossing her arms. I hated lying to my partner; she was my everything and I couldn't bare to lose her over something like this. Hopefully, if I keep it a secret a little longer, I'll explain when she comes round to mine tonight.

"Uhh, I uhh, got a meeting to attend to" I stuttered.

"A meeting? In those clothes?" She giggled, as I looked down to see my grey tee and jeans.

"I got to get changed, I'm gonna be late, I'll be back soon" I quickly rushed off, getting in my car. I felt so bad, I'm gonna have to tell them. Apart from Hetty, she already knows...
_____________________________________________________________
"Daddy! You came!" My little blonde-haired, blue-eyed son came running out of class. "You never come! It's always grandma"

"Hey buddy! Yeah, I decided to come today, how was your day?" i asked, taking his bags.

"It was great thanks. Mr Cottonhead gave me three good stars!" My 5 year old showed me his shirt with lots of stickers, one that said 'Well done Max'.

"That's amazing!" I said, I was so happy for him. He was doing great in school, he gets on with his work really well, where he's higher than he should be. "Let's get in the car, get home and you can tell me all about it, huh?"

We both got in the car and drove back to mine. When I got there, my mothers car was already parked outside and I could smell some delicious food being cooked. Roberta, my mother, usually picks up Max from school, but I decided that I was going to pick him up today to come and see him. Since he's been around, I feel like he gets left out because I'm either round Kensi's, or working OT, or I don't pick him up from school. He has a room at my place, where he lives, and a room at Roberta's when he stays for sleepovers or emergencies. Thankfully she's okay with helping me look after and take care of Max, i honestly don't know what i would do without her. Hopefully one day things will change, I have a few plans in mind.

We got inside the house and Max dropped his bags and ran to the kitchen.

"Mmmm" we both said in unison.