Chapter 4: Buster

It's a seemingly nice day. Mike the Ox is about to lick some ice cream he got from the Ice Cream Vendor, but a burst of flame melts it. The Ice Cream Vendor flees. Sonic pops up behind the stand, pulls the bull to safety behind it, then jumps out, ready for action. Sonic is facing off with a robot that appears to be a fireman, but is armed with a flamethrower. It shoots a burst of flame at Sonic, but he dodges it and spins into the robot. He spins into it again and bounces away.

"Doctor Eggman's evil fireman robot is running loose!" Sonic exclaims.

"Why does everyone assume every evil robot is mine?" Eggman says, reading a newspaper on a nearby bench.

"I dunno. Experience?" Sonic says as he bounces off the firebot again.

Sonic leaps up to avoid another burst of fire. Me, Knuckles, armed with a large stick, and Amy, armed with her hammer, step up.

"You're "fired", pal. Ha ha ha! Get it?" Knuckles jokes. A burst of flame turns his stick to ashes. "Ah, I guess not."

"Shouldn't firemen put out fires?" Amy questions.

"Ah, hello? That's the irony? It's the evil opposite of a fireman." Eggman says. Me and Sonic glare at him. "Ah, uh... I assume..." he adds quickly. I roll my eyes.

"Sonic, the evil anti-fire bot is putting a baby walrus into a burning house!" Sticks says.

Sonic races over and snatches the baby walrus away before Fire Bot can do so, returning him to his mother.

"Sonic, Evil anti-fire Bot is putting a kitten in a tree!" Tails says.

"For goodness sake!" I exclaim.

"Go, evil fireman!" Eggman cheers. He then sees Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks looking at him. "Okay, I admit it. It's mine. Evil robots are what I do. Why stop if you're good at it?"

Fire Bot is now shooting flames at some of the other citizens.

"This has gone on long enough." Sonic growls.

Sonic races over, running circles around Fire Bot and wrapping it in its own "fire hose." Its flamethrower explodes, destroying it.

"I, um... left the oven on." Eggman flees.

"Heh. Looks like that robot is "fired!" Sonic laughs, repeating Knuckles joke. Me, Tails, Sticks, and Amy laugh.

"Hey! No one laughed when I said it..." Knuckles says sadly. I feel a little sorry for him.

The kitten, which is still in the tree, meows pitifully.

"Sticks, could you get that kitten out of the tree?"

"Sure thing, Sonic."

Sticks runs over and starts shaking the tree, terrifying the kitten.

"Um, Sticks? Sticks! STICKS!" Sonic is about to yell again but I speed past him and catch the kitten as I go tumbling to the ground.

"Ouch..." My back hurts but the main thing is that the kitten is safe.

Sonic, noticing my expression, looks concerned.

"You ok down there?" he asks.

"Just fine." I fake a smile. He doesn't look convinced but buys it for now.

"What?" Sticks asks cluelessly.

(Time skip)

"Sticks, we want to talk about how you treat animals." Sonic says.