Chapter 32: Cabin Fever

Amy is inspecting sandcastles built by Me, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Sticks.

"Traditional. Nice, Sonic! Very derivative, Tails."

Sonic and Tails' sandcastles are almost identical - albeit Tails' is slightly smaller.

"Sticks, yours just screams "fun!"

Sticks has built a small den and painted herself with green tribal-like markings.

"Malaika, very decorative!"

I just built a regular sand castle and decorated it with whatever I could find.

"Aaaand Knuckles...".

Knuckles has made merely a small mound of sand and placed a stick in the top, but is grinning with enthusiasm.

"It's... so hard to choose a winner." Amy smiles nervously.

"It probably doesn't matter, Amy." Sonic says.

"Because the beach is the hourglass of nature, and time will wipe clean what we and our hubris have built as everlasting?"

"No; because of the ginormous storm that's about to hit."

Dark clouds appear out of nowhere in the sky. One lets out a strike of lightning - Tails jumps in fright and begins cowering with fear in Sonic's hands and I visibly jump at the unexpected sound.

"Quick; let's get to my shack!" Sonic says.

"I don't think so." Amy stops him.

"It's safer in the storm." Sticks says.

"Is that place up to code?" Knuckles asks.

"Then it's agreed; we'll go to Amy's."

"That could be fun, I guess. It can be a slumber party! And we'll stay up late, and--" Amy stops noticing we are all gone.

"Hey, wait for me!"

(Time Skip)

"So, it'll be a slumber party. And we'll stay up late, watch movies, eat snacks, play Truth or Dare--" Amy says.

"Truth! Where are the snacks?" Sonic asks.

"I dare you to get them for us!" Knuckles asks.

"Not sure you guys understand Truth or Dare. But I'd be happy to whip up some hors d'oeuvres."

"Hors d'oeuvres? I wanted snacks! I hate this game." Knuckles groans.

Lightning suddenly strikes and I grab on to Sonic's arm out of instinct. I quickly let go.

"Sorry."

"It's fine. Are you ok?" He asks, worried.

"Yeah, just not a fan of lightning." I sigh.

Amy brings in a tray of various snacks and places it on her table.

"Here you go! Quiche lorraine, vegetarian spring rolls, and a delicate assortment of baked Camembert and Brie cheeses on rosemary focaccia toast!"

"Yeah!" Everyone rushes to the table and quickly eat all of the food Amy brought, then swallow simultaneously.

"Ahhh..." Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Sticks settle back down on the couches.

"Not bad! Could've used some ketchup, though." Knuckles says.

Amy groans in frustration.

Lightning strikes again, and Tails begins cowering in Sonic's arms again while I jump and grip onto my pillow.