Chapter 30: Battle Of The Boys Bands

Soar is giving the news, with Sonic, Me, Tails, Knuckles, Sticks, Old Monkey, Fastidious Beaver, and Wild Cat watching.

"Breaking news! An epidemic is sweeping across the globe. Beaver Fever!"

Everyone steps away from Fastidious Beaver.

"I'm not talking about an actual disease, of course. I'm colourfully describing the mania surrounding teen singing sensation..."

The screen shows a stylized image of Justin Beaver

"Justin Beaver."

A series of clips show Justin Beaver on stage, then waving to a group of fans, then running away from photographers.

"Girls everywhere are going gaga over this teen heartthrob. They just can't get enough of him." The screen cuts back to Soar.

"And suddenly, "Dad the Anchorbird" isn't cool anymore. Well, maybe Justin Beaver will foot the bill for private school instead of buying those golf clubs he really wanted!"

"Just what the world needs. Another cookie-cutter pop star force-fed to us by the man!" Sticks exclaims.

"You're right. This "Beaver Fever" thing is clearly just a marketing ploy to sell sub-standard music to gullible teenage girls. Who could possibly fall for it?" Sonic says.

Amy suddenly runs up, wearing and holding a lot of Justin Beaver merchandise.

"Isn't Justin great?! When I listened to his first song, Girl, I Like You, I wasn't sure if Justin was actually talking about me. But then his next song was titled Yes, I'm Actually Talking About You, and I, like, totally freaked out!" She babbled.

"How can you allow yourself to become a pawn of the corporate fat cats?" Sticks asked.

"Before you judge, just listen to one track. I don't want to overhype it... BUT HE'S THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER WHO EVER LIVED!" Amy screamed.

(Time Skip)

We are listening to one of Justin Beaver's songs. Amy is absolutely giddy. Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are not impressed.

'Girl, now it's time I told you about my serious condition. I can't stop thinking about you, have to call a physician.'

Sonic finally reaches over and turns the radio off.

"Ugh... that was terrible!" He groans.

"I finally have a soundtrack for my nightmares!" Knuckles adds.

"I... love it!" Sticks squeals.

"I knew I could rely on Sticks to be the voice of reason! Malaika, what do you think?" Amy asks. Everyone's eyes turn to me.

"It's.... IT'S AMAZING!" I squeal. The boys look in surprise.

"We're through the looking glass here, people. White is black, and black is white." Tails says.

"Wait until you hear the rest of the album!" Amy says excitedly. Me, Amy and Sticks squeal like fangirls.

"Hey, Sticks. You still on for rock climbing tomorrow?" Sonic asks.

"Uh, sure. Whatever." Sticks says absent-mindedly.

Me, Amy and Sticks start squealing again.

(Time Skip)

"Hello? Sticks? You ready to go?"

Sticks' Burrow is covered with Justin Beaver merchandise.

"What happened in here?" Knuckles asks.