Chapter 9: Cowbot

Knuckles is stretching because he and Sonic are playing coconut hurl. Tails is talking into a pretend microphone made of a pinecone on a stick and I am the camera man, well woman really, recording on my phone.

"It all comes down to this final toss for the young echidna from Angel Island. He'll need a score of four to take the championship." Tails announces. I turn my phone towards Sonic and Knuckles.

Knuckles grabs Sonic and starts swinging him around.

"Can he do it? Can he score a four? The crowd is on their feet!" Tails exclaims.

"Can you get on with it already?" Amy asks, bored.

Knuckles throws Sonic and knocks three coconuts out of the tree.

"Denied! Three coconuts is not quite four." Tails says.

"Look!" Sticks yells, pointing at the tree. Amy yawns out of boredom but then a fourth coconut falls and hits her on the head.

"Ow!"

Sonic and Knuckles laugh. I glare at them.

"Come on guys. Don't be so rude." I tell them, helping Amy up. She gives me a grateful smile.

"They've done it! They've achieved the impossible! The team of Knuckles and Sonic has bested the team of Sonic and Knuckles!" Tails says excitedly. I snort.

"Wait a minute. You were playing against yourselves?" Amy asks confused.

"No! Weren't you listening? We beat Sonic and Knuckles. Ha! In your face, Sonic and Knuckles!" Knuckles points at himself and I shake my head.

A giant black storm cloud comes with a sunrise, Dr. Eggman arrives from the cloud.

"Behold, rodents!"

"Excuse me!?" I yell back up at him.

"And scary human girl." he adds. I roll my eyes.

"Prepare to face the most fearsome destructive force ever to grace this, or any other world!"

Eggman lifts his arm towards the storm cloud he came from and poses awkwardly. Me and the gang just stare at Eggman and the cloud.

.....

"It'll be just a minute. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves."

.....

Eggman again lifts his arm towards the storm's direction, taking his pose again. We still stare continuously.

.....

"Your doom is coming, I assure you!"

Eggman once more lifts his arm toward's the storm's direction.

More silence.

Sonic and Knuckles appear to be getting impatient. A cow's moo is then heard.

"Ahh, here it is now! This. Is. Cowbot!"

We then see a robot cow, making its way towards the beach. It then lands in front of us.

"It's a cow." Me and Amy say in unison.

"It's a cow-bot." Eggman corrects.

.....

We all suddenly burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" Eggman asks confused.

"Cowbot? That has to be the lamest thing you've ever come up with." Sonic laughs. I nod, still giggling uncontrollably.

"Not true. There was Spoonbot, Crybot, Mathbot, ooh, and who can forget Lamebot? Wait, what am I saying?" Eggman scratches his head.

"Yeah..."