Chapter 15: Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce

(Hello everyone! I'm not dead! I'm sooooo sorry I haven't updated in the past few weeks. I've just gotten over a cold and have been very busy. But anyways let's begin!)

Tails is outside, making some adjustments to his plane, as Me, Sonic, Amy, Knuckles, and Sticks walk up to him.

"Tails, we're heading to Meh Burger. Wanna come along?" Sonic asks.

"I'm installing an awesome speaker system in my baby. Check it out!" Tails pushes a button on his control device, and the plane starts playing a rock tune and shaking. He turns it off after a few seconds.

"You spend way too much time with that plane." Amy states.

"It's like he loves it. Do you love your plane, Tails? Do you looove it?" Knuckles says teasingly. I give him an unimpressed look.

"I do." Tails says bluntly, not in the least amused.

"Oh, that took the wind right out of my cells." Knuckles responds.

"You sure you don't wanna come Tails?" I ask him. He smiles.

"No thanks, I'm good. Well, if you guys will excuse me, it's time for her propeller-to-tail fuselage massage."

"Okay, now that's just nuts. We're gettin' you out of here." Sticks says.

(Time Skip)

We are walking through the village, with Tails holding a toolbox.

"Thanks for talking me into coming along. It was good for me to get away from the workshop-" We smile.

"-so I could buy more stuff for my plane!"

Tails walks on as we stop. We groan in annoyance.

"Free samples!" We turn to see Eggman, who is standing at a stall with people walking towards it. He is also wearing a chef's hat, and an apron with a picture of him on it.

"What's Eggie up to?" I gesture to the Evil Genius. The others follow my gaze.

"Get your free samples here!" Eggman has a large pot with his symbol on it on one side of the stall, and cans stacked up on the other side. Using a wooden spoon, he pours something red into a bowl he's holding.

"Step right up and try the zestiest, lip-smacking-est flavor extravaganza ever to hit your taste buds: Eggman's Tomato Sauce! Made with real tomatoes."

"Uh-oh, this isn't good." Sonic speeds over and knocks the bowls of the sauce out of the villagers' hands, to their surprise and irritation.

"You'll thank me later. I know you're up to something, Egghead; I just don't know what it is yet." Sonic says accusingly. The rest of us run over.

"You're trying to poison these villagers!" Amy says.

The villagers gasp.

"Poison? There's no poison here, just my patented blend of herbs and spices! Here, I'll try some myself." Eggman reaches for the spoon in the pot and takes out a spoonful of sauce. He slurps it, and nothing happens.

"He may have a point guys. I mean, he just had some himself." I point out.

"See, your little girlfriend agrees Sonic." Eggman says. Sonic glares.

"Harmless and delicious. You try." Eggman aims the spoon's scoop toward Sonic, who is pondering what to do.

"Eh, yeah I think I'll pass." Sonic declines.

Eggman smirks. "Well, looks like I've finally found Sonic the Hedgehog's weakness. He's scared of tomato sauce!" The crowd bursts into laughter, except for us. I put my hands on my hips, unimpressed. Sonic, not amused, snatches a can with its lid open, and slurps the tomato sauce from it.